Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Heroes 10/23 Thread (Spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
I already know the deal with the father because I read a spoiler but I won't say anything 'cause I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. When I put a spoiler warning in this, I intended there to be spoilers about the current episode, not about future episodes. I think that will be a good rule of thumb to follow. Speculation is cool, though. That's what makes it fun. The DNA symbol theory is interesting, too, but I also think that if that's all it is, big whoop.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

This show just keeps getting better and better. Which is amazing, because it doesn't seem like enough happens in each episode, but it sure is fun to watch. And every preview looks even better than the last.

[/ QUOTE ]

This quote nailed it. I don't know why I'm hooked because nothing has really happened, yet, and we're almost 20% through the season.

I'm confused about Dad, but think he'll probably end up being one of the good/neutral guys and not a villain.

I hope Hiro learns English soon so that he can send his annoying friend back to Japan.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 AM

An improvement and a big one. Still some flaws, but it's getting more entertaining.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Why didn't Hiro freeze time to avoid being beat up? Or teleport to NY? In fact, there is an unreal number of things Hiro could do.

Mohinder has to make up his mind. Weren't they already on their way to see Isaac?

The t-shirt that Nathan buys at the diner says "Fly by Night" which is the name of the diner, but still kinda neat.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM

Also, since we can presume that Sylar is the monster coming after the cheerleader, I expect a pretty sweet telekinetic battle between Sylar and Petrelli once he absorbs Sylar's powers. That's where this show really needs to come through. They've managed to create a compelling show without anything really happening, but if they blow it when stuff actually happens, it'll be a huge disappointment.

Having everyone meet up will be great, not just because we expect more action, but because we'll actually be able to get somewhere with the one important plot line rather than dinking around with 27 others that don't really go far in an hour.

Also, the dad's black mutant friend. At first it looked like he had the power to suppress those of others, but I guess he's just able to extract and excise memories.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM

I'm starting to really like this show, and am excited to watch more.

Hiro now is pretty funny, but future Hiro looks like he might be a straight up badass.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't Hiro freeze time to avoid being beat up? Or teleport to NY? In fact, there is an unreal number of things Hiro could do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he got a little taken by surprise. Or maybe he was trying to teach his buddy a lesson.

[ QUOTE ]
Mohinder has to make up his mind. Weren't they already on their way to see Isaac?

[/ QUOTE ]

They went to see him, he didn't answer the door (he was there but in the crazy stoned painting trance thing), and were on their way back to Peter/Mohinder's neighborhoods when future-Hiro visited. Peter went back to Isaac's, Mohinder didn't come with him.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Saw episodes 2-4 Sunday night and #5 last night. Show had me hooked from "Save the cheerleader. Save the world." That's inspired funny.

#5 dragged. The cop was the worst, but also they spent a fair amount of time on obvious plot thread extensions, like everything in the congressman thread except his flying episode.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:32 PM

A few more thoughs.

The show still drags every moment Mohinder is on the screen. He's [censored] annoying and his character is horribly written.

The Cop was another example of bad superhero writing. Just wince worthy. It's a testament to the other stuff working so well that I forgot about the drek with him in this ep.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time Hiro teleported to NY he went forward in time like a month, which wouldn't do him any good at this point. He obviously doesn't have total control over his powers yet.