Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Re: How much has Bush hurt America?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. OK, what makes you think that I'm mad at this silliness?

2. Please let us know what other rules for posting you have other than to avoid "presumptious" titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

how bout if i just link a bunch of pro bush threads go go along with the anti bush threads? What is the utility of an anti (or pro) bush thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Knock yourself out with the pro-Bush threads. They certainly would be more relevant and likely more interesting than just about any of the multiple daily AC threads. As for the "utility" of any given thread, that is, as our friend Boro would say, a subjective judgment to be made by the posters and the readers. Personally, I gained a modest amount of utility in making the original post and still more in reading the replies. How about you? Are you having fun?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I gained a modest amount of utility in making the original post and still more in reading the replies. How about you? Are you having fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more utility than you, so nyah.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I gained a modest amount of utility in making the original post and still more in reading the replies. How about you? Are you having fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more utility than you, so nyah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curses! Foiled again!!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you said that Bush's made some obvious and inexcusable mistakes in Iraq and Afghanistan and dealings with Iran, I would certainly agree with you. We definately need a better president, unfortunately the prospects from the other side are a step down.

Its obvious to any thinking person we are stronger now with Bush in office than we were under the previous administration. A significant reason we were attack on 911 is because the state sponsors of terrorism did not believe would would mount any signifcant response to an attack on american soil. They had good reason considering our responses to the attack on the USS Cole, the embassy bombings in Africa, our response in Somalia, the disco bombing Germany in and for that matter the barricks in Beruit back in 1982. The reason we have not been attack since 911 is becuase the state sponsors of terrorism know that under this administration we will elimnate the state that or appears to sponsors terrorist attack on US soil.

You can claim Bush has done more to weaken national security than any president since WWII but the facts show otherwise. Outside warzones of afghanistan and Iraq what US interest have been attacked? The nuclear walmart that flourished under the previous adminstration has been shut down. Lybia has abandoned its nuclear weapons program. North Korea is being punished for it persuit of nuclear weapons instead of being rewarded for it. We now have a rudimentary missle defense contrast to the previous administration which did nothing effective to stop other countries from developing nuclear weapons and/or missles to carry them.

Yes you can make a case that the Bush administration has weakened America. However if you look at the facts, you can't make a strong case. On the contrary, you can make a very strong case America has been most weakened under the previous administrations.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

How many more Americans have died of terrorism under Bush than under Clinton?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many more Americans have died of terrorism under Bush than under Clinton?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think more people died under Clinton's than under Bush seniors administration. Yes I'm purposely ignoring your point because you purposely ignored mine.

Stu
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 AM

what makes you think it will return to normal?

Bush's Absolute Power Grab
Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how long it will take America to recover from George Bush's uniquely blinkered and self-righteous brand of ineptitude? In the past five years he's demonstrated to the world that we don't know how to win a modern guerrilla war. He's demonstrated that we don't understand even the basics of waging a propaganda war. He's demonstrated that other countries don't need to pay any attention to our threats. He's demonstrated that we're good at talking tough and sending troops into battle, but otherwise clueless about using the levers of statecraft in the service of our own interests. If he had set out to willfully and deliberately expose our weaknesses to the world and undermine our strengths, he couldn't have done more to cripple America's power and influence in the world. Beneath the bluster, he's done more to weaken our national security than any president since World War II.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argument without proof.

[ QUOTE ]
So how long will it take — after George Bush has left office — for our power and influence on the world stage to return to the level it was at in 2001? When I'm in a good mood, I figure five years. Realistically, ten years is probably more like it. And when I'm in a bad mood? Don't ask. It's really all very depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question assuming argument without proof is valid.

Elliot,

If you believe that the argument above actually is provably true, then why don't you prove same before asking a question based on it? I particularly am interested in hearing how it can be true that our threats aren't viewed seriously while at the same time we are viewed as very willing to send troops in.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A significant reason we were attack on 911 is because the state sponsors of terrorism did not believe would would mount any signifcant response to an attack on american soil. T

[/ QUOTE ]

But as it turns out, the terrorists they were sponsering are realy realy realy glad that america did as the manner of that response has played totaly in to their hands. If theres one guy Bush has been great for its OBL and friends.

This is because the whole idea of state sponsored terrorism is a false paradigm used to excuse clumsy and inept wars against other states, which have consequently left terrorist
organsisations stronget than ever.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Forget about terrorists or our world standing image. The biggest damage Bush has done is his out of control spending such as his pork filled boondoggle hiway bill. It will take about 3 generations to pay that off.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If theres one guy Bush has been great for its OBL and friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of OBL's close freinds are either dead, at GITMO, or other dentention centers.

[ QUOTE ]
which have consequently left terrorist
organsisations stronget than ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

as evidenced by?

Stu