Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Staking arrangements for STTs

[ QUOTE ]
3k for 55's. Isnt that under rolled? 50 buyins for SNG's right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about 55 buyins, for 55s or 50 buyins for the 60s at stars. The risk of ruin is obviously not 0, but it's a pretty safe roll for the situation.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:59 AM

Im in the market for a backer to get me back on my feet, and am willing to accept very reasonable terms.

PM me if interested.

Btw - i only 6 table, but i have a habit of booking in ungodly amounts of hours - for instance its almost 3pm here, and ive been playing on and off since about 8pm the night before without sleep.

Id probably be running in the 27s, if not grinding a good clip in the 16s but cashed out virtually all my roll to pay off all my rent up till june.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-23-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love staking BR nits. especially in SNG's, as if they are winners, its pretty much gauranteed profit.

i'd suggest 50/50 for the first 500/1000...and if this goes well, you take your initial investment back and then drop it down to say 60/40 or so and let him play on your profit. if this goes well over another 1k or 2k might even drop it to 65/35 or something, so he's motivated to let you keep rolling him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, stake me in the 1ks at Stars, 50/50 over 1k. There are no serious smileys to put at the end of that statement.

To OP, if this guy's truly your friend, I'd try to convince him to play on his own. If hes not a pro, fine. But as a pro, you HAVE to be able to withstand losses, and its easiest to allow this resiliency to build up as you climb stakes. In short - being staked destroys your ability to gamble, not a good thing if gambling is your profession.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love staking BR nits. especially in SNG's, as if they are winners, its pretty much gauranteed profit.

i'd suggest 50/50 for the first 500/1000...and if this goes well, you take your initial investment back and then drop it down to say 60/40 or so and let him play on your profit. if this goes well over another 1k or 2k might even drop it to 65/35 or something, so he's motivated to let you keep rolling him.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, stake me in the 1ks at Stars, 50/50 over 1k. There are no serious smileys to put at the end of that statement.

To OP, if this guy's truly your friend, I'd try to convince him to play on his own. If hes not a pro, fine. But as a pro, you HAVE to be able to withstand losses, and its easiest to allow this resiliency to build up as you climb stakes. In short - being staked destroys your ability to gamble, not a good thing if gambling is your profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a pro, he is just a sit and go donk in college who makes a decent sum of $$ playing insanely overrolled. (He has a 60k roll and refuses to play higher than the 27s).

This is hardly even for me, more like a favor to my friend to help him not be such a pussy. Although, if this thing works and we both like it, I wouldnt mind keeping it going or even upping the stakes... the thing I like about this if it's +EV is that I just have $$$ working for me w/ 0 effort. Better than interest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The 60k number was not at all made up btw.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:41 AM

The guy I BR gives me access to his stripas/blow in addition to our stake. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(He has a 60k roll and refuses to play higher than the 27s).

[/ QUOTE ]

How can he possibly have a 60k roll playing no higher than 27s playing on average 100 a week? How many years has he been playing?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The 60k number was not at all made up btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't get that playing 2000 27s with a 20% ROI. Where is this bankroll coming from? Or are you talking about money that he could conceivably be spending on poker that he chooses not to?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:22 PM

Ansky,

Remember that he'll be earning FPPs on his account so 50/50 is really probably something like you 55/him 45.