Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Looks like the Fed\'s want to ratch it up a notch now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

well, i'm just glad we have you here to think of these things

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you can be a smartass about it all you want. Fact is I dont see the backlash occuring, all I see is bitching and whining.

I barely see any call to arms here, all people are concerned about is what site they're gonna play at and how they're gonna get their money to and from it.

If there's not a huge upheavel in Nov. cuz of this then you know what? Every player deserves what is happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you are clearly the only one who has thought of this, and said it...so you deserve a huge amount of respect and possibly cash donations. If only we could have been listening to you all this time, we would all have been saved. Everyone needs to immediately get on your bandwagon, because you are taking us places.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:10 PM

While it would be terrible in the short-term this could be beneficial in the long run. Im sure there are many people who don't care at all that they can't play online poker. However, once they hear the government is determining what people can and cannot do on the internet they might actually take our side.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

well, you are clearly the only one who has thought of this, and said it...so you deserve a huge amount of respect and possibly cash donations. If only we could have been listening to you all this time, we would all have been saved. Everyone needs to immediately get on your bandwagon, because you are taking us places.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I exactly say I thought of this on my own or where did I take credit for it?

How is this working out for you? Being clever on teh interwebs....must make you feel so good when you feverishly type in these clever responses.

GO you
Old 10-21-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I exactly say I thought of this on my own or where did I take credit for it?

How is this working out for you? Being clever on teh interwebs....must make you feel so good when you feverishly type in these clever responses.

GO you

[/ QUOTE ]

You started a whole new thread repeating exactly what you said in this thread...that is ridiculous. I think the one here with the ego problem is the one who needs his attention from a new post, with a topic that has been mentioned a million times. You said it once in this thread...that was more than enough. Get off your horse, buddy.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You started a whole new thread repeating exactly what you said in this thread...that is ridiculous. I think the one here with the ego problem is the one who needs his attention from a new post, with a topic that has been mentioned a million times. You said it once in this thread...that was more than enough. Get off your horse, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how is that taking credit for that idea or claiming it's new? It's called hammering the issue because the issue is more important than all the other drivel being postedright now. It has nothing to do with ego or attention whoring. Just like when someone is running for office, do they a mke a few commercials then stop because it's been said already? No...the hammer it until election day.

I'm simply hammering the fact that all these players need to get involved politically to turn the tide.

I'm sorry if that offends the local post nazis such as youtself. Deal with it.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They want to protect us from the sexual predators and terrorists on the internet. Maybe they should clean out the White House and Congress first. Plenty of sexual predators and terrorists there.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-21-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a time when people in this country valued freedom more than safety. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. The government will tell us that data retention is for our own protection, and the sheep will say "thank you". Very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout history, the erosions of personal freedoms oftentimes have been not only welcomed with open arms, but with cries of jubilation. It's sad.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They want to protect us from the sexual predators and terrorists on the internet. Maybe they should clean out the White House and Congress first. Plenty of sexual predators and terrorists there.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 10-21-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I beat you to the punch by six minutes, but the fact that we were thinking alike only makes it more funny
Old 10-21-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. is this really really bad for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

1)Congress has exactly one chance to pass this, in a lame duck session before the Democrats take over at least the House (and as much as the Dems tend to cave most of the time, this is a crucial part of their platform with no new elections to worry about and they have the more libertarian Republican support on top of that; this will never pass the House in December)

2)if it theoretically did pass, UIGEA doesn't even make gambling illegal for players to gamble, so wtf does internet monitoring have to do with anything? I guess it's even easier to tell that PS is doing something extra super duper illegal now? *However*, if you're in Washington, yeah this could be a concern.