Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Re: PS 2/4 6m - Strange spot after I used the TWP theorem

dan, are you saying that you think it's funny to suggest open pushing flop or are you saying that you think this hand is funny and that you would open push the flop once getting there. because the latter is my thinking, but i could see the former, too. i know i play differently than pretty much everyone else on here apparently...
Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 AM

No I just mean the whole hand is funny and if I somehow made it there I would go allin and hope qq/jj calls me.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:08 AM

What a wacky spot.

If you bet out, he's in a REALLL tough spot with QQ-, and AK+ ain't goin' nowhere.

But, it would make sense to him, for you to check, and give him some rope here, especially with top set, since you can't possibly be worried about clubs or a straight draw, here.

I suppose you'll induce a bluff, the times he has a weak hand, sometimes, but are you gonna see a week hand here like ever? Would he really bet with JJ?

I gotta say check/fold.

What if it went check/check and a 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the turn? Do we just close our eyes and pray for showdown?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 AM

Still, I dont know what penguins image is right now. If ppl think hes a nut preflop he can probably get away with open pushing and getting called by an underpair.

If it was me in his shoes though and I decided that I was going to go crazy for just one hand, then my plan on the flop would probably be to checkfold. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to 3betting 4betting and most observant players realize that.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 AM

i made a play like this live and c/ced an all-in, but a lot of it was physical read and something he said after i checked the flop.

here, i have no idea what i/d do
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 AM

i can't see him betting QQ here. so i think you're looking at AA a LOT when he bets. TT is a concern too but no guarantee he calls preflop with that. JJ he probably calls with but they're probably good enough to check back. but maybe i underestimate his calling range preflop

did you do this with such a [censored] hand solely because you liked the situation, or also so you wouldn't have odds to call a shove?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What if it went check/check and a 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the turn? Do we just close our eyes and pray for showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i think checking is pretty clearly best there. i still think QQ checks again since stacks are a good amount bigger than the pot and he can safely call a bet without losing his entire stack on the river. so if he bets i still give it up. if it goes checkcheck and he has the best hand, gg he gets our bet on the river
Old 10-20-2006, 02:03 AM

villain was straate btw

flop thoughts:

i tend to check in this spot no matter what. i dont like to bet out because i should only be getting action when im beat. his bet size is really suspcious. from his point of view, if he has AA he has to be afraid of KK, so why is he betting? and only betting half his stack? if he has AK or worse i see him checking behind as well, being afraid of KK or AA. pretty much its a WA/WB situation.

so i actually thought he might be weak here. or he has the one combo of kk and he's trying to milk me.

therefore i ended up check calling the flop with the plan of c/f turn, figuring he wouldnt be able to bluff twice. he ended up betting the turn anyways, i folded, and then he posted his hand on liquidpoker.net (AQ for ace high, no club draw).....

thoughts?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:06 AM

preflop -

eh, theres a huge thread on this. i dont know how to use 2p2 search but twp started it
Old 10-20-2006, 02:08 AM

also i think if straate wants to play for stacks no matter what with QQ, he would put it in pre, not wait for a K to flop and then call off his chips. another reason why i think checking this flop is best. 100% WA/WB imo