Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: A TPTK hand vs a aggressive villain.

[ QUOTE ]
call, the king is a relative blank

donkeys plz stop posting advice, there REALLY needs to be a poster rating system

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree SO MUCH. Also people asking for results within 5 minutes of the initial post need to be turbo-banned.

The timing of his bets are fairly important here.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:26 PM

MDMA. I respect you post and u are def a great player and there is no need to call my post retarted if u disagree. I don't have many post but I have been playing for a good amount of time and been a lurker here for a long time. Maybe I have a hard time typing what I was trying to get at. I have made harder calldowns than this and prolly so have everyone of us if we are putting the oppenent on a bluff but he asked and I said take a stand with something stronger. Like if we hit top pair with an q k or ace we r gonna be a better % ahead of him Not with a hand he could be 25-34% to lose after the flop. Usu. People bluff there stack away as the pfr not a caller leading into a pfr.
Just yesterday I was calling down a player with 55 and he rivers a pair but he was 25% to win after the flop and I let him get there because I wanted to check call with just 5's.With aggress. Players you can find a better spot to let them bluff their stack to you
Old 10-19-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick,

That is also very bad advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the history I have with villian, I believe my advice is spot on.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

I am a little OOT but please, paragraph is your friend
Old 10-19-2006, 04:46 PM

Timing is important here. If they insta bet. To me in live play it usu. Means they were on a huge bluff/semi bluff first or they have super hand and they don't have to think about if to value bet thin.this is the case in the uncapped games I play.

Also. If I ever bluff this flop I would do it with kQ(maybe I bluff with diferent cards than u do in this spot) or ak that just called pre just in case he has 9 thru qq here to leave myself with some outs. I also would push a king if I hit it since no raise on turn to make it look like a bluff. Since I am only worried about AA or a set just calling unlikly 2 streets. Prolly has 10jj qq or a 9. I understand when u say k is a blank because it doesn't fit in with the hand but it wouldnt always be against me so I c it different because I bluff with kq and along with 86s. Also villian can have beat anyway we don't know.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 PM

IMO there is no right or wrong answer here. Based on what I am reading about Villain he is capable of 3 barreling here a certain % of the time and has a big hand another %. It also sounds like you play with him a lot.

Therefore, as part of your overall mixed strategy, a certain % of the time you are going to have to make some calldowns like this one. Whether he had a hand or not is kind of irrelevant, as long as you are not calling down too often or not calling down enough based on whatever his bluffing frequency is.

I agree with whoever said you have to make your decision on the turn.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:08 PM

9cao/others,

When you make your decision on the turn, are we shoving the turn or calling the river shove?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9cao/others,

When you make your decision on the turn, are we shoving the turn or calling the river shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

calling the river, if you shove the turn he better call you with a worse hand, otherwise there's no point. just calling the turn let's him continue to bluff on the river.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 PM

I so do not agree with anyone saying one should make up ones mind on turn, this is [censored].
Old 10-19-2006, 06:23 PM

how long did *you* take to call his turn bet? If the answer is "a long time", then I'd lean towards a call. Otherwise, I got nothing, so I'd probably fold.