Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Sorry Wynn but it\'s going to be Bellagio and Venetian from now on.

[ QUOTE ]
Photoc'ed em on the tip I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

never had more than $150 cash in your wallet eh?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Sorry Wynn but it\'s going to be Bellagio and Venetian from now on...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will be taking my business to Bellagio and hopefully my twoplustwo games to the Venetian from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you get an answer from Katie before assuming the worst. Mistakes happen, they are just human after all. At least the alternative options are pretty good.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention you guys might get a room for free one night as well.. i'd just be polite but not a pushover whatsoever.. especially since you guys are regulars.. youll be treated well.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Is that the Macallan 50-year old in the Lalique bottle?

I thought it was retailing for $5,995.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Photoc'ed em on the tip I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, you know they left a tip. Look closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

ballers don't use credit cards to pay for tabs, cash baby, cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree Sublime, ballas use credit for everything. Ask Donald Trump for if he has $100 in his back pocket if you ever see him, its a safe bet he does not.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alien,

"I can see spending $300 on a bottle of wine, but doubt I'd ever spend that on a bottle of scotch!"

Shot, not bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

And he's pisssed about not getting a poker room rate? WTF [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...yeah good point. Spending $1K on scotch and ridiculous $4 tips on every poker hand and then complaining about not getting the poker rate on a room? Talk about penny wise, pound foolish. I think you guys need to find more useless things to waste money on, not more ways to save money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe was not the one who bought the drink, that was Newhizzle.

The complaint had nothing to do with the poker rate. The room reservation was cancelled and the lady he needed to talk to to get the reservation back was nowhere to be found.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Sorry Wynn but it\'s going to be Bellagio and Venetian from now on...

[ QUOTE ]
Cup of coffee $4 but expresso $3.50? Rigged... but how was the food?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I just noticed that! What kind of coffee was it Joe? They owe you a .50 rebate IMHO.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 AM

A couple months back I was bored on a Wednesday afternoon and decided to book a trip to Vegas. Grabbed an unfortunately late flight (let at ~10PM, I wouldn't be getting to the Wynn till a little after midnight) and called the Wynn poker room. At first she wasn't sure if I could get the poker rate for the whole time. I was staying till Tuesday, and supposedly Fri/Sat were sold out of poker rate rooms. After a couple minutes on hold she said she could do the whole trip, since I was staying so long. She would work on the paperwork for me, and if I wanted a confirmation number I should call back in a half hour or so.

I did not call back because I usually don't need the confirmation number, and I had a few things to do before my flight in a few hours.

The flight was a little late, and I wound up arriving at the Wynn around 1 AM. I walk up to the counter to check in, and they have no record of my reservation at all. A call to the poker room revealed that she was, of course, gone for the night, and there was no paperwork in sight on the desks there for me. At that point I just told them to give me a room for the night at whatever the quoted price was (approx 280 or something) - I knew I could work it out in the morning. Dropped my stuff in my room and went down to play for 4 or 5 hours.

The next morning I called down and talked to her again. She apologized profusely for the paperwork getting misplaced and adjusted my current 1-day stay to the correct length and rates. It all worked out just fine. Mistakes happen, and it was not onerous for me to just grab whatever room for that night.

I think you guys overreacted a bit, if you like the Wynn as much as you seem to.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree Sublime, ballas use credit for everything. Ask Donald Trump for if he has $100 in his back pocket if you ever see him, its a safe bet he does not.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT

Ask some busto college kid (80% of the posters on this site) if he as $100 in his pocket or does he use credit cards for everything racking up debt.

Trump isn't a baller. He is a high roller. There is a difference.

-JT
Old 10-19-2006, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT

Ask some busto college kid (80% of the posters on this site) if he as $100 in his pocket or does he use credit cards for everything racking up debt.

Trump isn't a baller. He is a high roller. There is a difference.

-JT

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected... you are right.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that the problem wasn't the rate, it was the lack of a room.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, understood this post perfectly. Not sure what that makes of the others but you sure have a leg up on them.