Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Ak with 47 BB Mega Pot

Woah dude. You think you are getting infinite odds, but how about your effective odds when facing 2 SB on the flop. You are getting 15:1 immediate odds cold-calling 2 bets on the flop, and when you add effective odds to that, it only comes down. That was your chance to get away from the hand IMO. You can be sure there will be more action behind you. Also 7 players to the flop! This hand is not excellent to hold up against a huge field.

Fold preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let the haters hate dude. I play it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that OP was all over the place in this hand, I think your statement is false.

You may play it aggressive and stay until the end, but no way you are going to cold call 2 on the flop, then cap the flop, then check raise the turn on a complete bluff.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 AM

LOL maniacs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] On the flop - drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let the haters hate dude. I play it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that OP was all over the place in this hand, I think your statement is false.

You may play it aggressive and stay until the end, but no way you are going to cold call 2 on the flop, then cap the flop, then check raise the turn on a complete bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're either a level behind or a level ahead.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:06 AM

Python, I think you made a rookie poster mistake in that you posted a really crazy hand with a monster pot cos it looks impressive.

Now dont worry, you arent the first and you wont be the last to try to impress us on your first post but I need to tell you that we arent easily impressed by "bad beats" or "play bad, get there in monster pot" hands. Moderators tend to lock them or move them to a more appropriate forum before they degenerate into a beration fest. Im not saying your post deserves to be moved but (this applies to other newbies who have had posts locked/moved) just be aware that it does happen but it is usually for a reason other than to silence someone.

This is turning more into a general advice for newbies post but meh...Ill continue

IMHO new posters make the following mistakes (hell, I sure did)
a. post rants about how they are a really good player but just cant beat the fish
b. post way overplayed hands or hands that are full of fancy plays
c. post AA hands and complain about suckouts
d. claim to be better than they are and then ask questions that show that they arent as good as they think they are

The more experienced posters can usually see right through someone who is talking crap......the best advice I can give to new posters is to be honest, humble and receptive to comments and if you dont understand then ASK why. mkay.

Now this is the Microforum and beginners are definiteyl welcome. I want to say that its perfectly cool for anyone to get in on the action and join the forum but it also irks many of the more seasons posters when people signup and proceed to be arrogant and no-receptive to comments.

Python, I am by no means directing any of these comments at you..they are just generalisations. Feel free to get involved in the forum and use it as a learning tool..youll become a better player if you do.

anyway, welcome to the forums but do try and post hard to play hands that resemble situations that are reasonably common cos thats where the real money is won/lost

ozi
Old 10-19-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aussie, seriosly, I was like in UTG+6 with AAs and raise 2BBs, and some dummy calls me with fricking [censored] and then [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!!! Poker is rigged! I am folding aces from now on!

[ QUOTE ]
the best advice I can give to new posters is to be honest, humble and receptive to comments and if you dont understand then ASK why. mkay.

[/ QUOTE ]

... otherwise it will be a waste of your and everyone's else time. I have huge gaps in my play, I wanna get better and make more money, that's why I am here (speaking for myself and milesdyson [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
Old 10-19-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aussie, seriosly, I was like in UTG+6 with AAs and raise 2BBs, and some dummy calls me with fricking [censored] and then [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!!! Poker is rigged! I am folding aces from now on!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe...seriously, I wasnt referring to any of your posts. My rant probably will never be read by any of the people who have come on this forum, posted crap, got berated and fled never to be seen again. thats fine. I feel better now.

I probably should have spent less time writing my mini-rant and more time replying to hand posts. holla.

[ QUOTE ]
the best advice I can give to new posters is to be honest, humble and receptive to comments and if you dont understand then ASK why. mkay.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

... otherwise it will be a waste of your and everyone's else time. I have huge gaps in my play, I wanna get better and make more money, that's why I am here (speaking for myself and milesdyson [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

zactly. same reason Im here. Cos Ive still got alot to learn...but when I look back at where I came from I realise how much ive learnt. this forum is great and no one expects new ppl to know all the 'rules' of the forum but at the very least new people should just not blow in and rant and rave...its just basic common sense...only poohbahs and above can do that with (some)immunity [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

/end my microcommunity service
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hm, ok, he probably holds a very big pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, UTG+1 almost always has AA or (more rarely) KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, I don't think he does. I haven't seen that many LRRs in limit but when I have, they have often been suited cards looking to make a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our experiences do not match. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I am going to enjoy the benefit of your experience by weighting it more heavily to big pairs from now on, because I daresay you have a lot more hands in than I do.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you play a hand with infinity pod odds against almost all oppenents to max. your profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

What?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hm, ok, he probably holds a very big pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, UTG+1 almost always has AA or (more rarely) KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, I don't think he does. I haven't seen that many LRRs in limit but when I have, they have often been suited cards looking to make a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our experiences do not match. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I am going to enjoy the benefit of your experience by weighting it more heavily to big pairs from now on, because I daresay you have a lot more hands in than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so sure of that, drzen. You've been registered longer than I have and also have more posts. Why would I have more hands than you? I've only played about 30K so far. Maybe I'm the one who should defer to you!