Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Re: 3/6: Reeks of a bluff, but can I find a call here?

Yo listen to what mah main man Dan Bright iss sayin'. Big up yo self, fo real.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 AM

Easy call, probably a busted flush draw, would have raised the turn with a 2.

Gifting you the mulahhhhhh!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:21 AM

call
Old 10-17-2006, 05:43 AM

this was me and this is a busted flush draw like never.

edit: if I remember right, UTG was very bad and loose, so knowing that should help you guys widen my range a bit. And at the time your image was "normal"
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You've shown a ton of strength, he's not bluffing, this is such an obvious value bet from a hidden strong hand that wants to look like a bluff. Foldaroony!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:14 AM

i don't see a TAG running a huge bluff here very often against u. you repped strength by betting all 3 streets. i doubt he puts you on Ax. flush draw or A8+ seems likely for you if you have a made hand. i don't see him trying push you off that especially since the K was so unlikely to help him. and a tag probably folds a flush draw on the turn facing a psb on a paired board. so i think slowplayed 22, A2 or 2cXc is very likely here.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instacall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this was me and this is a busted flush draw like never.

edit: if I remember right, UTG was very bad and loose, so knowing that should help you guys widen my range a bit. And at the time your image was "normal"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what's "normal" for me, but I assume that if you've played enough hands with me, "normal" eventually equates to "river calling station."

Anyway, as everyone can probably tell from the tenor of my posts, I laid it down, and said something in the chat box like "I'm going to hate myself for making this laydown."

Anyway, here are the factors I really considered in the, oh, 15 seconds or so before I folded:

1) I was in the BB and I could easily have a 2 here. My flop bet and big turn lead into two people, one of whom is loose and liable to call, screams "big hand." At least, no worse than 2p. The river raise screams, "I either have nothing or I can beat a weak deuce here." At least it did to me.

2) TAG multitablers generally don't make huge river bluff raises, though JaBlue is probably better/trickier than the average TAG multitabler.

3) Most people who play with me probably figure out that I don't fold on the river very much; whether or not JaBlue's played with me enough to see this is up to debate. But that makes me think he's trying to get a calling station, i.e. me, to call.

Unfortunately, I didn't consider either the busted flush draw or the "pushing to get me off a split" possibilities. The latter is what really steamed me about the hand, and I realized it maybe 2 minutes after I folded. I could feel that I was tilting a bit from this laydown (i.e. I was thinking about this hand too much instead of the hands I was currently playing), and quit shortly thereafter.

In fact, the split elimination push makes the most sense here, given the overlimp/overcall/call/push line. I think AJ or something makes some sense. In order of likelihood I'd say this was:

1) Ace with unpaired kicker.
2) Monster.

So perhaps I should have called, oh well. I guess I need to work on the river decisions.

PS JaBlue please post your hand please pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Heh, I had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], somehing like that. I put you on Ax. I don't think I meant to overlimp; I'm pretty sure that was a misclick, but that depends more on UTG tendencies.

I think you're pretty much right that its a chop-block or near-nuts, but since you had A8, there are like no combinations of 22 or 88, and I have AK/AA/KK never, so the only hand for you to really fear is 2x, which is def. possible considering UTG's presence, but probably not all that likely. In any case, I think you should have called in this spot with A8.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, I had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], somehing like that. I put you on Ax. I don't think I meant to overlimp; I'm pretty sure that was a misclick, but that depends more on UTG tendencies.

[/ QUOTE ]
pwned. god i suck. it's a wonder i'm not busto when i make horrible calls all the god damn time yet can't find the balls to make a good one. time to cry for a few hours, then maybe i can play again.