Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Senate races at Bodog

Judge for yourself. I have no idea whether Lamont is a moderate Democrat or on the fringes, but suspect that the perception of him is based strictly on his anti-war stance and nothing else.

If he's within 5 points of Lieberman in the polls by Election Day, some believe that his GOTV operation will be sufficient to make up the gap. I don't think this race is worth betting at the moment.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 PM

The reason I took issue with the "far left" characterization wasn't to have a debate over political labels. We could probably go on all day about issues like whether it's "always a negative" to be against the war in Iraq, but I assume no one really cares.

The point is that Lamont is a mainstream candidate, as opposed to a fringe one. He's the underdog for good reasons, but when you describe him as "far left" you give the impression that he's some kind of unelectable crazy.

At most Lieberman should be like a 3-1 favorite, which I still think is high. Either way, there's simply not a lot of value in 2.5-1.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:54 PM

Loaded up my entire Bodog roll on Feinstein and Lott.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Lots of action here

I went nuts last nite on these props.

I maxed out on 8 races (MI, MN, CT, WA, WY, MD, PA, MS). Only 3 wks left and most of them had decent leads (all > 8% on latest poll and close or better to that before). Most bets were for Dem and considering the Foley/Hastert debacle recently, I don't see many Rep upsets next 3 wks.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Lots of action here

awesome, i probably would've missed these lines...

lott, and 'the hawaii dude' are easy money...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I took issue with the "far left" characterization wasn't to have a debate over political labels. We could probably go on all day about issues like whether it's "always a negative" to be against the war in Iraq, but I assume no one really cares.

The point is that Lamont is a mainstream candidate, as opposed to a fringe one. He's the underdog for good reasons, but when you describe him as "far left" you give the impression that he's some kind of unelectable crazy.

At most Lieberman should be like a 3-1 favorite, which I still think is high. Either way, there's simply not a lot of value in 2.5-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah what I was implying is that it is really a race between two democrats...so a large portion of indep and republican votes will be going to one of those two canidates.
And in my view JL will get the vast majority of those votes because he is to the right of Lamont who has been painted as the left--doesn't mean he actually is...just matters what the public view of him
Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went nuts last nite on these props.

I maxed out on 8 races (MI, MN, CT, WA, WY, MD, PA, MS). Only 3 wks left and most of them had decent leads (all > 8% on latest poll and close or better to that before). Most bets were for Dem and considering the Foley/Hastert debacle recently, I don't see many Rep upsets next 3 wks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I bet 23 of them this morning; all the "safe" races, and a few with 6-8 point leads that looked decent.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:18 PM

yeah, over the last hour, i've bet 75% of my sports bankroll on 3 races...

my only question is, daniel akaka...he's old. what if he dies before the election??

my first thought is that he might win anyway..then i went and read the conditions, and it didn't say anything about it...i'm guessing it's just who wins the election, and if he dies, and the other guy wins, i lose.

right?

anyway, i've hipped a handful of buddies that i know have bodog accounts, and they're on it too.

once again, i thank the fine posters of 2+2..
Old 10-17-2006, 06:22 PM

There is a prior precedent. The former Hawaii Representative Pasty Mink died during election season. Google her if you want reassurance.

Akaka remains on the ballot, and I would take those odds even with him dead.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:28 PM

I just put a max bet on Jon Kyl, crappy odds but theres no way he loses. In one of the most expensive campaigns in AZ history, neither guy has really taken any hard stances, other than putting down his opponent in commercials that are full of unintentional humor.

The sad thing is I just filled out my ballot and voted for a rich, no experience, a-hole turd sandwhich(pederson) instead of the giant douche(kyl) who led previous attempts to ban online gambling. Futile, but whatever....