Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: My First Real Sandwich Attempt: Long with Pics

[ QUOTE ]
Half way through, time for a flip. AWESOME! Much stronger avocado flavor, along with the spice of the wasabi and mustard. Ate the rest upside down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I was the one that originally suggested this in the thread, I'll reiterate it for anyone that missed it.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 PM

whats the deal with the wasabi/mayonaise? never heard of that combo. howd it taste?

also that is alot of flavor for one sandwich. you got mustard, horseradish, mayo, wasabi, bacon, avacado, and cheese. sounds like that sandwich is way to busy for me.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 PM

Making bacon for a sandwich seems a little silly. edit: As others have said, it's a bit dark. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Buying nice cheese, nice meat, and your favorite condiments makes sense. The scooping bread is a good trick, and obviously the diagonal cut and flipping halfway through are crucial.

I'm surprised you didn't toast the sandwich. All of those ingredients would be better warm. (Some veggies are better cold. Luckily avacado isn't a veggie, it's green butter.)
-Sam
Old 10-15-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess for you...I don't get it. Enjoy them if that's your thing. Sandwich?? hrmmmm okay. Guess it's over my head.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't get it do you? this thread is for those guys that don't cook much. For those guys that go to other houses and see the moms making some great sandwishes for the kids. For those guys that go to their friend's house and are offered a sandwish and it tastes great, but wouldn't know how to make one!

This is a thread for those guys that have not progressed from putting a slice of ham/cheese/sliced tomatoes between 2 pieces of bread and calling it a decent sandwish! (like me)
Old 10-15-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol condaments!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the deal with the wasabi/mayonaise? never heard of that combo. howd it taste?

also that is alot of flavor for one sandwich. you got mustard, horseradish, mayo, wasabi, bacon, avacado, and cheese. sounds like that sandwich is way to busy for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed - very busy. Everything but a soft, gooey center. But c'mon, its the man's first attempt at (sort of) cooking. Can't blame him for getting a little excited.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 PM

Great post. you are the worst bacon cook ever, but you get points for eating it anyway. when dealing with bacon, think of it more as a warming process rather than a cooking process.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol condaments!

[/ QUOTE ]

L
O
L
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bipolar : I assume you did not read the linked sandwich thread ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did...I just can't see spending that much effort on a freaking sandwich. If y'all do, cool....enjoy them. I just can't see spending effort on little strip of basically cooked condiment and all the fluffy faggy layered crap. If ya want meat, eat freaking meat....1/2 lb minimum. Not some pansy prissy lil strip of pig-ass on a bland cold bread/fixins thing. *Shrug* hey...if you like that kind of thing, more power to ya....it just doesn't do it for me and seems exceptionally -EV for my tastes. I have trailer park tastes when it dcomes to food tho...except for steak...either way, a sandwich to me is a quick "need to eat, toss sumfin together that is edible" thing. An "elite sandwich" is like spending an hour on the perfect point sharpening a pencil....sure, it's good but ummmm wasted effort. Just my opinion. I'm not a big eater and consider eating a necessary evil. If you get off on this kind of thing then good for you...you're getting enjoyment out of something I consider an nuisance (eating). Good for you...hope it doesn't make ya fat, but if it does, I hope it's worthwhile. I just don't see the point. To me a fancy sandwich is akin to taking 5 hours getting dressed for a night out on the town....highly -EV after the first 10% of effort compared to the results on the extra 90% effort. I guess I just have no class. I'm not surprised.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 PM

I'm getting the feeling you don't care for sandwiches.

[ QUOTE ]
... you're getting enjoyment out of something I consider an nuisance (eating).

[/ QUOTE ]

This ... I ... just don't understand. But, to each his own.