Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Official *Party Screwed Monster Seat Holders* Thread

Noone can really expect that they pay added pricemoney. If you remove the added money 2 monthlys (2 millions) 10 weekyls (1 million) and the 5 millions for the Final you have only 6 millions to payout. And guess thats around the Money we got.....the only think i complain is that the Final is not 8 times the monthly.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM

I jsut tlaked to a guy for about 6 minutes (by phone timer) he kept saying that it was based on "probability" (EV) and that all moneys were being paid out...and I was trying to keep it simple and sound confused so they dont ban my account...haha but...

He said he just asked *whoever it was* and they said they assured him..blah blah...i asked to be transferred to whoever he just talked to.

This is them paying out somewhere between 6 and 9 million of a 23 (or 18 if you take the seed out) pot. Uhh, this blows.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why arent you counting the 100k for each weekly, the 1 million for each monthly into this count? Party should have paid out ~25million and they paid out 6million.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree they should have paid that out, so I have edited the "Fair" total payment blurb to reflect that below.

I'm fairly sure I did include the EV of the $1M / $100k for Monthly/weekly in the EV calc for seat values. But you are right, I did not document that properly in the total amount they SHOULD have paid out.

Edited version:

Payouts (actual vs "Fair"):

What was actually paid by Party:
1,000 Grand Final x $1,800 = $1.8 Million
10,000 Monthly x $350 = $3.5 M
~10,000 Weekly x $100 = $1.0 M

Total Actual Paid = $6.3 Million
Fair Total Payment = ~$16 Million
($14.5 Million Monster Prize pool + $1.25 Million (EV of 10,000 Monthly seats that were not used, i.e., 1.25 Monthly $1 M prize pools) + ~$375,000 (EV of 10,000 weekly seats for monthly/weekly prize pools))

Where did the other $9.7 Million promised to players go?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Where did the other $9.7 Million promised to players go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posed this exact question. I said that it seems to me only 1/3 of the pot is getting paid out. He keeps wanting to let him talk to htem and get back to me later...I keep asking him new versions of the same Question...plan to until he gets me an answer.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:06 PM

Default YOUR numbers are wrong

YOUR NUMBERS ARE WRONG. There have been over 16 weekly tourneys which each send 2000 players to a monthly. Then there are atleast 32,000 monthly qualiers. Thats a little off from your calculation of 10,000 monthly tourneys. There has only been 1 monthly tourney which had about 7700 players I believe, so they still need to pay atleast 24,300 monthy seats.

I believe you are grossly miscalculating the number of weeklies too. There were over 4000 entries in each weekly. With 16 weeklies past thats 64,000 entries spent. There is no way that only 10,000 unspent weeklies eats exist.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:06 PM

And...failure.

I told him I'd wait and he basically said no way. I have to email that department about my issues. That "department" is games@partypoker.com Wow. Unreal.

I don't know if I should cashout what I have now, or wait in hopes of getting more cash..as bleak as that may be.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 PM

For those of us who were playing Empire (which party bought a while back) same thing - you can cash out your freerolls same as Party.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: YOUR numbers are wrong

[ QUOTE ]
YOUR NUMBERS ARE WRONG. There have been over 16 weekly tourneys which each send 2000 players to a monthly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong, but every thread I've read shows that Party has run 9 Weekly qualifier tournaments and 1 Monthly tournament. If you have a link or some way of showing that's not true, I'll stand corrected.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And...failure.

I told him I'd wait and he basically said no way. I have to email that department about my issues. That "department" is games@partypoker.com Wow. Unreal.

I don't know if I should cashout what I have now, or wait in hopes of getting more cash..as bleak as that may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

HavanaBanana may have it on something I stupidly didn't think of. He did not click the "convert seats to cash" button, as they may mean you accept their values. No way to know.

Does anyone have the # of the VIP department handy so I can call them? I lost it when I deleted every trace of anything related to Party from my computer.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

HavanaBanana may have it on something I stupidly didn't think of. He did not click the "convert seats to cash" button, as they may mean you accept their values. No way to know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I had thought of this before insta-cashing out.

-Jaxx