Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Hachem

i agree with OP, i really dislike hachem now. he seems to have no emotional stability and his outbursts are annoying.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 AM

It looked like to me that Hachem constantly outplayed Boyd and Boyd kept insisting on getting his money in with much the worst of it. I like Hachem's table presence.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked like to me that Hachem constantly outplayed Boyd and Boyd kept insisting on getting his money in with much the worst of it. I like Hachem's table presence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice that Boyd almost always still had a big chip lead even after doubling Hachem up? If Boyd kept accumulating chips in all the small pots, he could afford to get Hachem all-in a couple times as an underdog in order to eventually suck out on him.

Ever read Supersystem? Getting your money in with the best hand is overrated. If you only even get your money in as a favorite, you are playing way too tight/passive.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
andy black would have been a much cooler 2005 champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no crying in poker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 10:48 AM

from what i saw it looked like dutch was being super aggressive and getting other players to react to his style. He seemed to win alot of the smaller pots (his stack size always seemed high after losing big pots), so i would assume that he would think that hachem and the other players would push with hands like KJ or Ax against him.

THey played hundreds of hands and we saw a handful.

Dutch has been a threat in many big tournaments and i doubt its because he routinely calls all ins with KQ preflop. just a hunch though.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:51 PM

Joes a real cool guy
Old 10-13-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tex Barch would have been a much cooler 2005 champ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:22 PM

Hachem has said that everyone is gunnin for him as a WSOP champ. When I see him getting a little aggressive with his words I feel he's trying to get others to back off.

I think a lot of people that want a shot at the champ aren't after him out of anger. It's just that they might play a pot with him that they wouldn't normally play. Just at the chance to flop something or outplay him.

So he bites back like the little chihuahua.

I think in the deal against Dutch there was a little bit building up against eachother. I got the feel that Hachem was tired of watching Dutch go in with the worst of it and catch. The whole time Dutch is acting pissed that he doesn't suck out on Hachem the first couple times.

Kind of like when Jamie Gold's two pair doesn't hold up on that one guy. Gold was like "I played it perfect. What could have happened?"

I don't think we got to see that during his FT run last year. IIRC he was a smaller stack and kept moving up. So he wasn't getting sucket out on a lot. So he didn't need to snap at em.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night either.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

There was one shot of him in the ME when some random guy kept reraising all in. He told RG that if he "did that once more, I promise you I'll call." He did seem a little tilted at the time, and then did say that it wasn't anything personal. I just think he has a bigger issue with steam control than the other guys.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ferguson isn't a douche- He conducts himself with poise and class at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT