Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: !! Legislation Concerns II, Going Forward -- HERE !!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since we are okay to drop concerns in this thread....

I am still worried about Neteller as my financial go-between. Does anybody know if Stars will cut me a check for withdrawals? Also, will they cut me a check if I used Neteller for my original deposit?

The reason I ask is: When withdrawing, they have historically made me use the same method I used to deposit. I have not asked for check withdrawal before.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have zero concerns about Neteller, at least until these regulations come down at some point in the future.

Typically Stars will make you withdraw *up to your previous deposit amount* with the same method. Then you can do whatever you want with any net winnings you have generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY sir. That adds up.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention stars being very trustworthy with money.....if neteller for some reason goes down then im sure they would mail you the full amount via snail mail...they would never block access to the funds you deposited via a no longer existing method
Old 10-11-2006, 07:57 PM

So why the [carebear] did party pull out again? I thought it was painfully clear that this bill had nothing at all to do with players actually playing in the US but only with depositing from US financial institutions which nobody did anyway?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM

Because Party is a piece of [censored].
Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was somewhat insensitive, this is kind of bad news for European Union pros because they have to pay taxes on Stars earnings because Stars is based within the EU apparently, or something like that.

So their best result would have been for Stars to close and everyone to move to Full Tilt or whatever.

But still. This just saved the asses of I don't know how many U.S. pros. Including me.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, man. I'd much rather pay taxes on my earnings than not be able to earn at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

But EU players' earning were never at risk (unless this saves all the fish, too).

[/ QUOTE ]

well i live in Ireland and it doesn't matter if stars is located in the EU, USA, next door to me, or outer Mongolia - either way i don't pay taxes because poker, according to my govt, is not a game of skill and therefore, like lottery winnings, is non-taxable. hooray!

seriously tho this is great news for me, i need you yanks to stick around a little longer. i have bills to pay you know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

and the icing on the cake is that party "s**t cust service, s**t software, s**t everything pretty much", will now hopefully go down the tubes and lose not just their US player base, but a whole lot of Europeans who will now all ship it off to Stars and the like. this feels oh so sweet for all the stress they have caused me over the last 2 years. disconnection problems ("have you tried deleting your cookies?") aarrrrrgh. horrible horrible cust support that can't speak english properly. MORONS. good riddance. they will get what they deserve.

oh happy day... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

See you on Saturday Lee Jones. i look forward to playing on your most excellent site from now on.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Party is a piece of [censored] that I'm going to miss more than any girl I've ever dated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM

After a week on Stars I miss Party less than zero.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you miss them around the 10th of every month?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still play MTTs on Stars, and I've noticed some funky thing with the fold button. The button you get before it's your turn, not the big fat one when it's your turn. It's hard to mark for some reason. This is somewhat recent, maybe from the last update. Anyone have this problem?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still play MTTs on Stars, and I've noticed some funky thing with the fold button. The button you get before it's your turn, not the big fat one when it's your turn. It's hard to mark for some reason. This is somewhat recent, maybe from the last update. Anyone have this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigwig, in your stars client go to options, 3rd option from bottom is advanced multitable options, click on the box next to "single click table activation." currently you have to click the table once to activate it, then click the box to mark it, this will solve your problem.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigwig, in your stars client go to options, 3rd option from bottom is advanced multitable options, click on the box next to "single click table activation." currently you have to click the table once to activate it, then click the box to mark it, this will solve your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

It's a good day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]