View Poll Results: % of Villains that don't fold to the pot bet
0%-20% 3 6.52%
20%-40% 7 15.22%
40%-60% 9 19.57%
60%-80% 15 32.61%
80%-100% 12 26.09%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Monster chiplead question? (poll)

[ QUOTE ]
I would want blinds around 300/600 at this point or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so bad its not even funny.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you're picking up 75 each time you steal, but if the blinds were 100/200, the shorties would erase each other while you played another tournament, and you could just play back when sb called or if a couple tried to limp...otherwise, you just sit back and play back when someone gets competitive. I'm not saying this is the best choice if you have all day for this tournament, but it sure is easier with the 100/200 blinds.

I don't care how good you are, the 100/200 blinds afford you more time after the tournament to play other tournaments or to relax or whatever, and as I rate my time as having value, I'd love to get the donkament over with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it depends on the payout. Since most payouts are ridiculously skewed towards 1st-3rd place (assuming a large-field MTT) then I'm trying to maximize my value in this tournament, not worry about hurrying up and getting it over with.

In large field MTT's it's not easy to be in this type of position where you have a top three spot locked up. You should be doing everything you can to maximize your chances at first place, rather than hurrying up to play more tournaments where you likely won't be in this envious position constantly.

Why blow this, when these are the things that make tournaments profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't blowing it...they will knock each other out and then you'll have to deal with just 3 scared medium stacks instead of 8.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would want blinds around 300/600 at this point or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so bad its not even funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously.

Timex I know your knew to the whole MTT thing, but if you ever want to make it, you need to listen to Buller Dodger.

Seriously though, I think somewhere around 50/100 would be best because it won't be a pushfest, but you can still punish them. You can also allow yourself to sit back and let them knock each other out.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:06 AM

If everyone else plays good poker, I'm pretty sure something around 100/200 is optimal. Maybe 75/150 or 150/300, but 200 is definitely close to correct. Above that point everyone else can't help but play perfect (but your EV is never going to be worse off than at 10/20 when people play good.)

If (and depending on how much and why) your opponents suck at poker, you might want the blinds lower. But the only reason you would want them at 10/20 is if they were extremely predictable, gigantic calling stations.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, I think somewhere around 50/100 would be best because it won't be a pushfest, but you can still punish them. You can also allow yourself to sit back and let them knock each other out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yes it would be a pushfest. With only 1K each, they are all at 10bb's if you're at 50/100 and it becomes pretty much all-in or nothing. They can maybe stand to make one standard 2.5-3x the BB raise and fold, but after that it's all-in or nothing.

As such, you're allowing luck to play a much bigger role in determining the outcome of this final table, which reduces the effectiveness of having them all scared to bust out and thus affording your large stack a significant advantage.

You don't want them to knock one another out, this means that other players are accumulating chips and becoming larger threats to your own stack.

You want to chip away at them and keep them scared of playing back and being the next one out, since 25/50 gives them some breathing room.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a very good player, 5-10 is the correct answer. Smaller blinds are always better for experienced and skilled players.(assuming your opponents are relativley bad)

If you donked your way to the t10,000, then 100/200 is the correct answer. As a bad player you can not outplay more experienced players with small blinds. You need them to be big so it becomes more of a crapshoot and your lack of skill can not be taken advantage of as much.

BakingAce, for example, would prefer to have the blinds as high as possible. 500/1000 maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for 1k? and no I'm not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahah

it cant be this easy to push your buttons.

only if we can play deep stacked so i can expoit your awfleness.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, this was pretty funny. But seriously, why is Bullet still not banned? Yet to see any post from him that isn't pure trollage.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone else plays good poker, I'm pretty sure something around 100/200 is optimal. Maybe 75/150 or 150/300, but 200 is definitely close to correct. Above that point everyone else can't help but play perfect (but your EV is never going to be worse off than at 10/20 when people play good.)

If (and depending on how much and why) your opponents suck at poker, you might want the blinds lower. But the only reason you would want them at 10/20 is if they were extremely predictable, gigantic calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay someone reputable agrees with me! Or my sarcasm detector is WAY off!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I choose 50/100. Shorties are short but not quite desperate, and there's more room to be exploited. They can't see many flops, but at the same time not short enough to be pushing everything. At 100-200 they'll be pushing too much for your stack advantage to play a role.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your advantage is being able to pick and choose when to call their pushes. With their M's at 3.3 they have to push ANYTHING they want to play. If you are not getting any hands for a while - then in the interim shorties will tend to knock each other out and one or two of them get to 3K chips and now they are in yellow/orange zone and you can start stealing from them with or without hands....