Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't this type of player be raising any Ax from the SB? I think this is a raise and call a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i was raising here, it wasn't with the intention of calling his 3bet. anyways, i just called on the river and he showed... q8o... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't this type of player be raising any Ax from the SB? I think this is a raise and call a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i was raising here, it wasn't with the intention of calling his 3bet. anyways, i just called on the river and he showed... q8o... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the ???, he played his hand well.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he played his hand well, he would have given up on the river. There's no better hand that OP will ever fold on the river after he checked behind on the turn. When villain whiffs on the turn CR, he should know that. He's just giving away $200 here.

EDIT: I just realized that villain will chop the pot with another no pair hand. When I originally responded, I thought villain had nut no pair. In this case, obviously, a river bet is much, much better than I originally thought. Still not totally convinced it's correct though.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he played his hand well, he would have given up on the river. There's no better hand that OP will ever fold on the river after he checked behind on the turn. When villain whiffs on the turn CR, he should know that. He's just giving away $200 here.

EDIT: I just realized that villain will chop the pot with another no pair hand. When I originally responded, I thought villain had nut no pair. In this case, obviously, a river bet is much, much better than I originally thought. Still not totally convinced it's correct though.

[/ QUOTE ]

our hero is calling with any pair here and possibly any Q.. but less likely a Q b/c the turn slowed down the pot size as well.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

our hero is calling with any pair here and possibly any Q.. but less likely a Q b/c the turn slowed down the pot size as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the board: if hero doesn't have a pair he is playing the board.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the board: if hero doesn't have a pair he is playing the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

any pair above deuces.. so any pair besides quads! lol
Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Default just curious...

what would you guys do in this same spot if you had qt or some similar hand and now play the board w/ him betting into you?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Re: just curious...

[ QUOTE ]
what would you guys do in this same spot if you had qt or some similar hand and now play the board w/ him betting into you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta go by feel on this one a bit. Pretty important time to watch the tempo and manner in which he bets. I am showing down the nut no pair here a large percentage of the time if the final board is something like AA227. Not geting run over is paramount and his hand looks nothing like a pair so far.

edited to add one more point in favor of a calldown: Because of your holding two kings, the chance he has one is much lower thereby diminishing the chance of a chop.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Re: just curious...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta go by feel on this one a bit. Pretty important time to watch the tempo and manner in which he bets. I am showing down the nut no pair here a large percentage of the time if the final board is something like AA227. Not geting run over is paramount and his hand looks nothing like a pair so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.

think from his prospective.. you basically cant call here. so dont forget that view from your villain. to make a call here will look like you hate money, but may be actually an informed decision.