Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: AQs flops TP, how\'d I do?

If we are going to bet the flop, I think we should also bet the turn b/c on the flop our opponent most likely has a weak made hand (worse A or pp.) Then I would probably check behind on the river. However, I never really thougth about checking the flop (delta's play) and I now think it is really sexy. Check the flop, bet the turn, bet the river (barring a the board becoming really scary) seems like the best way to get money out of his range.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM

I like it. After flop it's WA/WB so pot controll is goot. Perfect.
Edit: reading the posts I like the flop check idea very much.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:35 AM

The line looks fine to me except I'm for betting the turn. With no reads on the villain there is no reason to believe he's not calling with a worse ace, KK, QQ, maybe JJ. From the standpoint of extraction (assuming we're best here) the worse ace hands and KK (sometimes QQ) are going to call your turn bet enough times to make it worthwhile. The flop check line, at this point in the session, IMO is too results orientated (if it works then we look like a genius - but only after we've had a chance to observe his tendancies) given no reads on the villain. What makes us believe that he'll not call or bluff at some point in the hand given our actions - nothing at this time. If we felt the villain was capable of folding worse hands such as a worse ace, KK, QQ (which, IMO, a majority of the players here folding would be considered a painful laydown for them), then the check-flop line would be our golden ticket to extract the most but alas we don't have this info. I prefer the str8 forward approach until we have a better opinion of the villain. Just my thoughts.