Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: pokerroom down?

Weak.

Wanted to clear a 500 point bonus I had left and it goes smoothly until the crash. Now I'm stuck at 6 points left to clear and not moving. Should I just cashout and assume they'll credit my 6 points then cash out the bonus tomorrow?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 AM

Earlier this week the client was down for me, however I was able to log on and play via their java client in the browser (no install version). I think it's only 1 table max and no HH or PAHUD or anything, but if you are in a tournament its better than getting blinded off. It's at least worth a try.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:30 AM

I hope that PR awards the points that aren't being credited tonight. I really want to get through this bonus.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a time when I was playing the $2 rebuy frenzy tourney when the server went down

they shut the tourney down and restarted it 2 1/2 hours later

I was the only one out of 16 people left that waited around, I stole blinds as fast as I could, and won first place for about $1500 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
So wait, they let you keep the first price money? They didn't distribute the money by stack size at the time of the crash?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Account balance now correct.

[ QUOTE ]
I could not connect for quite some time (and was aleady having intermittent connection problems with pokerroom -- all other sites were fine). When disconnected [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] from my sit-n-go I was chip leader [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] with 6 left. When I finally got back about 15 minutes later there were 3 players left (so at least I was into the $ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), and I had about 1BB and less than 2% of the chips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ! But then I got run over by the deck [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and came back to win the tourney, and many benny franklins [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !

BUT THEY HAVE NOT CREDITTED MY PRIZE TO MY ACCOUNT!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have emailed pokerroom support so I'll post an update in about 2015.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked and my account balance now includes my prize, 12 hours later. (I did not hear from support, though I guess I don't really need to now.) Those of you that had missing $$$ should check if it is fixed now.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Account balance now correct.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could not connect for quite some time (and was aleady having intermittent connection problems with pokerroom -- all other sites were fine). When disconnected [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] from my sit-n-go I was chip leader [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] with 6 left. When I finally got back about 15 minutes later there were 3 players left (so at least I was into the $ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), and I had about 1BB and less than 2% of the chips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ! But then I got run over by the deck [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and came back to win the tourney, and many benny franklins [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !

BUT THEY HAVE NOT CREDITTED MY PRIZE TO MY ACCOUNT!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have emailed pokerroom support so I'll post an update in about 2015.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked and my account balance now includes my prize, 12 hours later. (I did not hear from support, though I guess I don't really need to now.) Those of you that had missing $$$ should check if it is fixed now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I don't get - I was frozen out for a half hour while a tourney continued. I was 3rd in chips with 25 left, and when it came back I was short stack with 8 left. I went all in my first hand and busted for $76. If I hadn't been frozen, I had a chance to come in the top five, at least... So shouldn't I get some kind of extra payment? I won't settle for the $76. I at least want a Grand Prix entry or something...
Old 10-09-2006, 12:01 PM

Serious response, probably because of all the BW trying to clear bonuses the site has more than it's normal amount of traffic. That was my impression this weekend.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:57 PM

It seems like they paid out the frozen tournaments according to the formula:
Prize pool / Players remaining

This sucks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM

Has Pokerroom taken a stance on US players at this point?
And
Did anyone get points for ring game play last night?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:02 PM

I don't mind so much when the whole thing crashes. I know it effects everyone. The problem is when it's just me who gets kicked off the table mid hand.

They insist it's not a problem with their software. Obviously that's suppose to happen. You'd think there would be enough money in this industry to manage to create a stable platform. Pretty basic really.