Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Stud Hi (JJ)3

I will be at Mandalay Bay next weekend. How's the beer selection?

The three-bet on fifth seems pretty spewy to me.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So we seem to agree my line is probably best, how do you handle 6th street Blumpkin?

[/ QUOTE ]

One sec - I said I like your line (call, bet 6th if checked to and it's "safe"), but I also like mine. I'm not sure yet which is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but it seems that others agree with me even though your not sure yet. So assuming you play it as I recommend, whats your 6th street line?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 PM

Plumpkin,

Can you explain what ranges you figured your opponents for on 4th?

Did that change at all on 5th?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Plumpkin

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha rofl.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 PM

This is a really tough hand, I had to think about it for like 10 minutes as opposed to my normal 30 seconds before writing anything. Here is what I think:

4th: I like your 3 bet. I think there is a good chance you can knock out player 1, and the pot is already growing. After you get capped you should stop liking your hand so much. Player 2 probably has either 2 pair, a big pair in the hole, or straight draw. Also, player 1 can't hate his hand to cold call 2 bets. His minimum hand is probably atleast a pair of 4s+1 club.

5th: Everyone catches a card that helps. Now here is the problem: There is a good chance player 2 or player 1 has you beat, and if you are ahead they probably BOTH have draws to beat you. I think this is sort of a horse race concept hand when you are ahead, and if you aren't you are drawing to 4 outs. The pot is very big though, so you should continue, but I think you should try to reach a showdown AS CHEAPLY as possible. Even if you happen to be ahead (I mean in terms of having the best hand, not in terms of equity), your equity is likely no more than around 33-35% If you are behind its like 10-15%. Because of this, I think you should check/call 5th, and you may even get a free card which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since there is almost no chance a bet will make anyone fold here.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:39 PM

excellent well-thought out post Frappe
Old 10-06-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain what ranges you figured your opponents for on 4th?

Did that change at all on 5th?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was scared shitless of P2's hand on 4th and experienced a huge WTF regarding his 5th street check after pairing his 7.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Rest of hand

[ QUOTE ]
Game is 3-handed. Both my opponents are fairly poor players IMO. They are sometimes over-aggressive with marginal hands and also call down too much when they are almost surely toast.

I bring-in with (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], P1 completes with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] up, P2 cold calls with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and I elect to just call.

4th:
P1: (xx)4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
P2: (xx)6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
ME: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

P1 bets, P2 raises, I 3-bet, P1 cold calls, and P2 caps.

5th:
P1: (xx)4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
P2: (xx)6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
ME: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

P2 checks, I bet, P1 raises, P2 cold calls, I 3-bet, P1 just calls, and P2 calls.

6th:
P1: (xx)4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
P2: (xx)6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
ME: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

P1 is now first and checks, P2 checks, I bet, and they both call.

I don't improve on the river. P1 checks, P2 checks, and I check.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really tough hand, I had to think about it for like 10 minutes as opposed to my normal 30 seconds before writing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a hype.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really tough hand, I had to think about it for like 10 minutes as opposed to my normal 30 seconds before writing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man. Tough hands I have to think about for like a day or two. Most hands that actually merit discussion are in the ten-minute range. No wonder I have so much trouble when it comes to, like, actually gambling.