Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: good line on tigers to win series

[ QUOTE ]
almostbusto, I talked to someone at their wagers department who, he told me that the wager was good. But let me say that I was less than impressed with this particular employee's level of competance. I think that I am going to email them to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ] keep me posted on this. i emailed them as well. then they canceled it. then i called them to clear up their [censored] email and they told me they killed the wagers of everybody including those that bet on the yankees.

if they are lying to me, i am going to go out of my way to find every single arb they ever put up against pinny, just so i can take a little money from them for their dishonesty.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also per wagering management is not a reason. wagering management is the department responsible for the decision based on a reason (it being past posted).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this means. All I know is that it was a stale line and they caught the error and corrected it. They are not trying to be vague. I am surprised they even sent an email. Many places will cancel the bet and not even tell you.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not a yankee fan i did bet them for 1 unit to win the pennant. All i do know is detroit was one fof the worst teams the last 2 months and in general i dont like betting a bad team over a very good team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all your reasoning in this thread is misguided.

- The Yankees no longer have home-field advantage. Any time a road team wins one of the 1st two games, it hurts the fav.

- The Yankees were supposed to broom the Tigers out (because they were so bad late). Not only haven't they done that, but Wang was hit around and Mussina was beaten.

- Unit is hurt and will be of questionable effectiveness. Jaret Wright is a time-bomb. Detroit has a pitching advantage on paper for their two home games.

- All the pressure is on the Yankees now. They are in a near "must-win" spot in Game 3. If they lose, they face elimination on the road facing Bonderman with Wright on the hill. Ugh. There is no way the pressure can be OFF the Yankees, because there's no way the pressure can be ON the Tigers. They've already exceeded expectations by winning *A* game.

- A-Rod did not get booed until after his second strikeout. He was loudly cheered at the start of all 3 at-bats today. They didn't even boo his bases-loaded inning ending pwning by Verlander. They did finally give in when he got rung up by Zumaya.

- Even if the fans booed A-Rod with megaphones and got on him worse than Bobby Knight and John MacEnroe's bastard child, it's STILL not an advantage to be on the road. Because A-Rod is 1 guy, and the home crowd loves the other 8 guys and the pitcher more than enough to compensate for any negative impact on A-Rod.

Disclaimer: I'm a Tigers fan. That said, I still don't think they're going to win the series.

I think low -200s is about right. They're the better team and still have a pretty large advantage if it goes to a game 5.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 PM

Scorer is proving why it is almost never correct to bet the Yankees, unless you're betting them early looking for arb opprotunities.

You got to start thinking about prices. Even if the Yankees are a much better team (and they probably are), it doesn't come close to justifying the premium that's been put on them.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Yanks are a little better on the road. Today a rod was boed and the tension is very tight and you can feel it when they lost the lead today. On the road they are much more relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave a-rod a standing ovation the first time he was up with the bases chucked. 3 pitch strikeout. Obviously he cant play much worse, and even if being away from the Bronx helps A-Rod, id have to agree its still definetly advantage Detroit.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:57 PM

wow, advantage detroit as they won one game. All i know if detroit lost too temas that were horrible in the last 2 months and they looked bad. Comment about the yanks were supposed to sweep detroit, baseball is the hardest to predict out of all sports and in one game or a series anything can happen. That being said, taking detroit +140 or so vs the yanks is not great value as i see it.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:41 PM

+224 for the rest of the series.

It's +146 for the next game on Pinny, and it'll probably get better. Again, the Yankees are overbet every time, and because people think they can't lose, they're always very, very good value for the team against them, especially in heavily bet playoff games.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
especially in heavily bet playoff games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see some stats for this in the playoffs... Maybe last 15 years?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 AM

I like Tigers in next game. Detroit hasn't had a playoff game here in 20 years the crowd will be nuts. Plus Johnson's back could flare up at anytime. If the Tigers can get into the Yankees bullpen early and Rogers can make it to the 7th inning Detroit should win. Going to be a crazy weekend.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the Yanks are a little better on the road. Today a rod was boed and the tension is very tight and you can feel it when they lost the lead today. On the road they are much more relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave a-rod a standing ovation the first time he was up with the bases chucked. 3 pitch strikeout. Obviously he cant play much worse, and even if being away from the Bronx helps A-Rod, id have to agree its still definetly advantage Detroit.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Rod is something like 4 for 35 in the last 2 years in the post season for the yankees - guy is terrible in pressure situations. Hopefully his "life coach" will make the trip to Detroit with him.

Also in the first two games Sheffield/A Rod/Cano are something like 2 for 24 with 22 men left on base

One question: Where's Bernie??? He's Yankees post season god and they're leaving him on the bench.

I know this will never happen but I think they should -> Sit A Rod, move Sheffield to third, Giambi from DH to 1st, Bernie to DH