Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Where\'s Our Statement

Here I disagree. The poster's avatar is fine. The Republicans who died in World War 2 are obviously not the same Republicans who were fined for dealing with Nazis during time of war, cough, cough, Prescott Bush. We are no longer under leadership of General Eisenhower, who warned against the dangers of the military-industrial complex, but under the leadership of his sworn enemies, the draft dodgers and the war profiteers. My view of it anyway.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 AM

Anything anyone says that helps the cause is good. But honestly, what difference does a statement from the leaders of 2 plus 2 after consulting with their lawyers do? It's not like people gamble on 2 plus 2, and I don't see how any interpretation of this bill can make it illegal to talk about poker in any way. So nothing at all meant in disrepect, there are about 20 other statements and events I care about now more than one from Mason and Dave. I do appreciate them for starting this site, of course...
Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 AM

So you are issuing a statement on behalf of your attorney after the bill has already been passed, a statement in which you say may not do any good (which in all likelyhood is a 100% chance that it won't) and which you do not know completely what it will cover. Help me to understand the motivation behind this.

Flight_Risk
Old 10-05-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here I disagree. The poster's avatar is fine. The Republicans who died in World War 2 are obviously not the same Republicans who were fined for dealing with Nazis during time of war, cough, cough, Prescott Bush. We are no longer under leadership of General Eisenhower, who warned against the dangers of the military-industrial complex, but under the leadership of his sworn enemies, the draft dodgers and the war profiteers. My view of it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be that as it may the "OPPONENT = NAZI" argument is so worn out and overused it generally makes you look like a jackass. Even if it has some semblance of justification behind it.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything anyone says that helps the cause is good. But honestly, what difference does a statement from the leaders of 2 plus 2 after consulting with their lawyers do? It's not like people gamble on 2 plus 2, and I don't see how any interpretation of this bill can make it illegal to talk about poker in any way. So nothing at all meant in disrepect, there are about 20 other statements and events I care about now more than one from Mason and Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cosign.

Flight_Risk
Old 10-05-2006, 12:54 AM

He's on a poker site. Does he really care if somebody thinks he's a jackass? And I'll be honest. The avatar made me smile. So he made one old lady happy anyway.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are issuing a statement on behalf of your attorney after the bill has already been passed, a statement in which you say may not do any good (which in all likelyhood is a 100% chance that it won't) and which you do not know completely what it will cover. Help me to understand the motivation behind this.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bluff:

There was no humor in what I wrote. We do intend to get a statement up.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

I think some of the animosity you are picking up from people is, like it or not you and David are considered "leaders" in this community.

You guys have directly taught most of us how to play a half way decent game of poker. Most of us respect and defer to you and David on matters of poker. So whether you choose to accept the mantle or not it is still yours.

So during this debacle, you guys have appeared indecisive and indifferent, mostly through your lack of response.

I am not saying that you are necessarily doing the wrong thing by your business. Butin this time which many consider a "crisis" it is natural for people to look to their mentors for guidance. Thus far you and David have not been there.

Personally I don't mind either way. But I guess it would make me feel better if you even said "you know what guys... this sucks ass."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, Mason, the fact that with your core business being centered around poker ( and yes, this does include online poker and I'm sure you'd be hardpressed to refute the fact that 2+2 Publishing has benefitted royally from OP business ), we would have expected you all to be up on this from the beginning, simply because of how much of an impact it will have on your current and future sales. Hell, I had the PPA sending me emails about their concern to fight against outlawing online poker in the U.S. a long time ago and I was also able to follow the aspects of the bill on Cardplayer. It takes more than an internet forum where you can talk about issues to make a change. You actually have to do something.

Flight_Risk
Old 10-05-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would I have liked to see you guys do something more then just a statement, yes. Do you guys have to, of course not, but many of us feel let down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. There is no responsibility or burden placed on Sklansky, Malmuth, Miller, and others, but many of us did kind of hope...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would I have liked to see you guys do something more then just a statement, yes. Do you guys have to, of course not, but many of us feel let down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. There is no responsibility or burden placed on Sklansky, Malmuth, Miller, and others, but many of us did kind of hope...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been very disappointed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

but then again, I guess I don't matter [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Closed Thread