Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com Info

I agree...with the pot as stands...I should get a little over $2000 if this is true. I have one ticket to each of the three stages....

I would like to think this is what is going to happen assuming the law goes through, etc.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker Leaders = Evil Douches.

Way to look after the people who made you successful. Way to step up and fight. Way to instill calm when players are fearful.

You guys should be incredibly ashamed of yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFF
Old 10-03-2006, 06:55 PM

Mike- Please allow us to make transfers. It's really annoying when suddenly I can't pay back a debt for no reason and without warning.

Also:

WHERE IS ALL THE BAD BEAT JACKPOT DROP GOING, HMMMM?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Why are you guys even posting follow-up questions?
MikeO has time and again proven himself to be an unresponsive shill. He has not once provided anything of substance to these forums, does nothing more than post company "press releases", promises interaction with the readership here without ever following through, and should have been banned long ago. I was equally unimpressed with his character after meeting him on the Party cruise. This guy is worthless. If i had the energy to change my avatar from Dikshit to MikeO, i would.

You will not see him again in this thread.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker Leaders = Evil Douches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand all of this ill will towards party. Yes, it is true that do not have customer service that is as good as stars, but no one on the internet does. Party has come a long way since the split from the skins. They have provided a decent little store for party points, they treat their VIPs very well (I will make ~$1500 in bonus money from August-Oct. for doing what I do on a daily basis) and they are interacting with their players (this post is proof of that.) Beleive me when I tell you that they are even more affected by this legislature than you are. They have made this decision to protect their business, which, is really no different from what many of you who are withdrawing all of your funds from the site are doing. Mike has clearly stated that this is an indefinite suspension, and that they are working on providing us the same party poker that we have come to love and hate over the last few years.

Mike,

Thank you for finally making a public statement. Good luck to you guys.

beef.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:03 PM

Teddy, my responses are mainly of the venting nature. I don't expect any response from him. I just want everyone knowing how I got robbed assuming I don't get the money he said...

So it's venting...
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I can’t get into details about the decisions that have been, or will be made, I can hopefully clarify a few things that will concern you as players.

If, as expected, the act is signed into law, PartyGaming will be indefinitely suspend real money gaming activities in the United States.
This does not mean we will be closing the account of US players. Accounts will remain open and you will continue to have access to your funds. Cashouts will continue to be available. We have no plans to force withdrawals or not allow you to cashout using the standard methods. Deposits from US players will be suspended indefinitely.

Keep in mind, PartyGaming is a large company with a large player base. We are not “closing shop”. We are leaving the accounts of US players open because we are committed to finding new and interesting offerings. Our US community will remain.

For non US players, poker will go on as planned. Our games will continue and we will be offering more time zone friendly tournaments and promotions.

Information for US players:
PartyPoints: You may continue to use your PartyPoints in our Players Club store as usual. In addition, we have suspended the expiry of points for inactivity so that your points will remain in your account for use at your leisure. If these points are due to expire at some point in the future, we will give notice for you to use these points, but we anticipate that other services we may provide would include the ability to accumulate PartyPoints on top of your current balance.

Bonuses: Active bonuses will be unaffected unless and until the act has been signed into law. At that point, any uncompleted bonuses will be prorated. For example, if you have an incomplete $50 bonus that required you to play 500 raked hands but you have only played 250 raked hands, you will receive $25. If you have been participating in the VIP Red Carpet promotion and if the act is signed into law prior to the promotion’s completion, the calculation approach will be the same, but we will contact you separately to explain how we calculated your bonus payment.

Freerolls: Most unused tournament freerolls will be converted into cash. Because of valued/non valued freerolls, old/expired freerolls and wanting to make sure we can keep the non US players freerolls available we need to spend extra time on sorting out the freerolls. Hopefully we will have this cleared up prior to, and if, the bill is signed. If not we will have it cleared up shortly after.

Monster: Unfortunately, the structure of the PartyPoker.com Monster tournament makes it untenable to continue should the act becomes law. Accordingly, if and when that happens, it will be discontinued. At that time, we will convert Monster freerolls into cash equivalent amounts and refund that amount to any customers with unused freerolls. We will be converting the freerolls based on the expected value of the actual tournament that it is good for, as well as expected value for the next stages (monthly and final).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wimps.

I really hope a time comes that you reopen your business to U.S. customers...

...so I can still play somewhere else.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM

Will we be able to use PartyPoints to enter real money tournaments (since we're not actually using real money to enter)?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cash out now boys, because I have a feeling this ship is going under . . . . Remember all the dot com "everything is going to be fine" rhetoric that would be pushed up until the "oh we're closing as of 1 minute ago, and we've raided the company so screw you".

With PP's stock tumbling to near worthlessness (how many businesses can survive a loss of 75% of their revenue?), how long will it really be until the board just decides to pull the golden parachute out?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

They are going under. Get ur money out now.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you guys even posting follow-up questions?
MikeO has time and again proven himself to be an unresponsive shill. He has not once provided anything of substance to these forums, does nothing more than post company "press releases", promises interaction with the readership here without ever following through, and should have been banned long ago. I was equally unimpressed with his character after meeting him on the Party cruise. This guy is worthless. If i had the energy to change my avatar from Dikshit to MikeO, i would.

You will not see him again in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT..except i didn't meet him on the party cruise, but i'm sure i would have formed a similar opinion if i had.