Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Poker.com Statement - no change in operations

Bob, when you were playing there the software was having major problems. They have upgraded several times since and theres been no problems at all. The software is pretty nice imo now.

Please don't play in the 50k freeroll if you do come back.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't get it. How is it legal for Poker.com to accept money from US players when it is illegal for another off-shore company (PP, PS etc.) ? Are you just saying that you have the balls to go against this or Is it legal really ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, the way I understand it, it's kinda like aiding and abetting a criminal. Because it is illegal for anyone living in the US to place a bet online, they can be held responsible for helping an American break a law by allowing a person within the US wager on their website/system.

Anyone know exactly how this works?

just in case you were thinking it- it's not like being 18 in the US and going to another country to buy booze. In that case, you are no longer in the US under US law, you are in another country under their legal system.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just in case you were thinking it- it's not like being 18 in the US and going to another country to buy booze. In that case, you are no longer in the US under US law, you are in another country under their legal system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. The sites can't be punished for taking bets from US customers if it isn't illegal in that country, because they aren't breaking any laws.

However, you can.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it is illegal for anyone living in the US to place a bet online

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. There are some states where it's illegal to place a bet online, but the state laws have never been enforced.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker.com is a small site offering mostly micro limits. No PT support, but OK software. You can multitable and they have resizeable windows, like Stars and Party.

They are also the site that picked up the tab to send ChecknRaise WSOP qualifiers to the tourney after CnR reneged and said it souldn't cover the tourney fees. (Believe there were 9 or 10 qualifiers, and CnR wanted to pay them the $10,000 tourney fee to them in monthly installments. No idea how that turned out.)

Something to keep in mind---today's small sites may be next month's big sites if they are willing to take US business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of the 9, thanks again poker.com for the WSOP experiences and good to hear y'all aren't pussing out like those other sites.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:38 AM

Did someone say poker.com?
I say <font color="red">editing out three lines of affiliate spam</font>

Shameful marketing technique?
Maybe...
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Banned for affiliate spamming?
Maybe...
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
-P
</font>
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker.com is a small site offering mostly micro limits. No PT support, but OK software. You can multitable and they have resizeable windows, like Stars and Party.

They are also the site that picked up the tab to send ChecknRaise WSOP qualifiers to the tourney after CnR reneged and said it souldn't cover the tourney fees. (Believe there were 9 or 10 qualifiers, and CnR wanted to pay them the $10,000 tourney fee to them in monthly installments. No idea how that turned out.)

Something to keep in mind---today's small sites may be next month's big sites if they are willing to take US business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of the 9, thanks again poker.com for the WSOP experiences and good to hear y'all aren't pussing out like those other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was another one of the guys helped out by Poker.com

They're a real class act, and I really hope that they get a nice chunk of all the American players looking for a home.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Mike4pokermoney, please don't discredit our brand by trying to profit from an informational thread. That's not how we like to do things - thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 AM

I have started playing on poker.com and really like it. No bigger games yet, but those will come.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have started playing on poker.com and really like it. No bigger games yet, but those will come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bump this thread, but I've been playing here the past few days and am crazy impressed with everything, and I'm not even running well.

You guys should advertise more.
Closed Thread