Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: US Players: Say Goodbye To Pacific Poker

So all the horrible fish at Pacific will have to go to other sites to play? For those of us who don't play at Pacific, this is at least a silver lining.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So all the horrible fish at Pacific will have to go to other sites to play? For those of us who don't play at Pacific, this is at least a silver lining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until other sites follow.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:37 PM

Once the bill comes into effect and american fish can't use credit cards anymore and stop playing because they can't fund their accounts anymore I'll be glad that there are some site that have banned americans completely. At least the european fish that are left will be at my mercy and not a bunch of american sharks with no fish of their own. I know it's selfish but hey.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You people saying good riddance dont get it, this is bad IMO, because if it starts a trend we're all [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Starts a trend? Since when is 888 a trendsetter in the industry? No one gives a [censored] about 888. If anything, it will encourage 888s competitors to resist the new legislation because now there's more potential customers who can't play 888 anymore.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You people saying good riddance dont get it, this is bad IMO, because if it starts a trend we're all [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Starts a trend? Since when is 888 a trendsetter in the industry? No one gives a [censored] about 888. If anything, it will encourage 888s competitors to resist the new legislation because now there's more potential customers who can't play 888 anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poorly worded on my part, I basically meant it is a bad sign for a public site to refuse US players as it could be a sign of others doing the same.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 AM

this is more in reaction to the recent arrests than the bill that just passed.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the bill comes into effect and american fish can't use credit cards anymore and stop playing because they can't fund their accounts anymore I'll be glad that there are some site that have banned americans completely. At least the european fish that are left will be at my mercy and not a bunch of american sharks with no fish of their own. I know it's selfish but hey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most CC companies in the US do not allow you to use them for online gaming anyhow (they got screwed a few times from people playing online then losing then saying they shouldn't have to pay because online gambling was illegal). That part of the bill was really nothing more than a feel good measure.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is more in reaction to the recent arrests than the bill that just passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thought Beavis, didnt think of that one.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well there'll be a ton of players who have been frustrated by Pacific's retarded 20K / month cashout limit (not even an appropriate bankroll to play their highest games) who will happily get a windfull cashing out amounts that previously would have taken them a half year to recover.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just hit the jackpot in their 250k yesterday, so this may actually work out well for me..
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 AM

A chat with pacficpoker online support
================================================== =======

Martin2 has joined.
2+2er: Are you aware of the latest report about the US Bill and Pacific poker's reaction?
Martin2: Dear Kyle,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this issue.

We understand your concerns, and would like to assure you that 888.com is fully aware of the legal situation following the recent developments in the US Congress.

The Group Executive Management is assessing the impact of this situation on our business.

888.com’s members have always been guaranteed a protected gaming environment and we will take appropriate and timely measures to ensure the interests of our members are protected and will address the concerns of our US customers.

I take this opportunity to assure you that all monies possibly held in your account are safe and secure and that cash outs you may have requested will be paid in accordance with standard company protocols.

We will continue to update our customers as soon as additional information becomes available and I invite you to contact us at any time, should you have further questions or require assistance in any other matter.

Sincerely,
Martin2: Martin
2+2er: From MSNBC online, there is an article from 888.com stating, "888, which relies on the US for half its profits, was said to be in the process of deciding to make a clean break with the US, paying back gambling deposits paid by customers when they registered on the company's websites."
2+2er: Does that mean that we would only get back what we deposited, and lose anything we have won above that?
Martin2: you will receive your bankroll as well as your deposits
2+2er: Okay, thank you
Martin2: You are welcome...
Martin2: For the time being everything is as per normal
2+2er: Until later today....?
Martin2: As George Bush is not supposed to sign the bill until November 7th#
2+2er: Okay, thank you very much for the help
Martin2: No problems... Take care and have a good day