Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: *** Official Seahawks @ Bears -3.5

Im not sure if any of you do this, but I was listening to some sports radio show in the morning and there was this crazy dude (forgot his name) giving a free pick on a phone. He said that this pick was the "Game of his life". So I called his number and after a couple minutes listening to a recorded message he says go with the bears for tonights game. He actually guarantees the bears will cover the spread by 7 points, and if they don't you get all his picks the rest of the year.

So, do any of you guys ever use people like this? He gave instructions in his message on how to follow up on his promise. It doesn't really make sense how the hell he can put his reputation on the line.

If you want to verify this, his number is [edited by Performify]

I have never actually bet on sports, I just want to know what's the general consesus about people like this.

Sorry if I sound like a troll...im just a noob
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Scam.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if any of you do this, but I was listening to some sports radio show in the morning and there was this crazy dude (forgot his name) giving a free pick on a phone. He said that this pick was the "Game of his life". So I called his number and after a couple minutes listening to a recorded message he says go with the bears for tonights game. He actually guarantees the bears will cover the spread by 7 points, and if they don't you get all his picks the rest of the year.

So, do any of you guys ever use people like this? He gave instructions in his message on how to follow up on his promise. It doesn't really make sense how the hell he can put his reputation on the line.

If you want to verify this, his number is [edited by Performify].

I have never actually bet on sports, I just want to know what's the general consesus about people like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He told 50% of callers to take Seattle. The other 50% think he's a genius and half of them will receive correct picks again next week.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:15 PM

Damn touts. What good is the guarantee that if they don't cover you get the rest of his picks for the year for free? What do you fade him then?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Predictions

Hasselback is intercepted twice, throws for 165 yards and has a passer rating of 62.4.

Grossman throws for 328 yards, two TD's and is not intercepted. I am not 100% sure what his passer rating will be, but it will be very high. Maybe 93.7.

$$$

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Signed, a happy Bears fan
Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to verify this, his number is [edited by Performify]

[/ QUOTE ]'
Greek...this is how these touting services work...

They have two different radio advertisements...one side picks the bears and the other side picks seattle..whose who call the bears 800 number will get a call back from a telemarketer telling them about next weeks 10 STAR PICK OF THE YEAR! BLAH BLA BLAH.

IMO i made decent money in the past just following trends and power rankings but i;ll be the first to admit sometimes you just know a certain team is going to get their ass kicked that night if you know anything about sports. The only publication i would recommend is getting the weekly gold sheets. I always compare my pics to their picks and see if they have any good points i missed.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, do any of you guys ever use people like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one should.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:06 PM

I'm 7-1 on the year on the NFL and I had the Bears tonight. You can follow me if you want.

Seriously, if you really want to take someone else's picks, there's tons of good information out there for free on the internet.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:07 PM

This game is rigged. This Sunday is rigged. Good thing they banned it, so I can save my money [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sea+3.5-103 1u
sea o15.5-120 2u
sea/chi o17.5 1st half -105 1u
sea+180 .5u

ship this [censored] plz.

o17.5-105 > o16-137, agree/disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like them all except the 1H over. My opinion is worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?