Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Re: For you wrestling fans.....incase you missed the ppv tonight

Well, no sense praising your previous employer when you are guaranteed to be living in a wheelchair before you'd ever get a chance to work for them again.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM

Okay, this is sorta off-topic, but for those of you that actually watch TNA on a regular basis, what the [censored] is there to actually like about Samoa Joe? I see him come on and I'm like, "meh". He has that totally retarded scowl that doesn't look the least bit scary. All I can tell is he is a sorta fat guy that can move and jump around a little bit. Super lame for their big young gun. He's no Goldberg or Brock Lesnar or whatever, but it seems like they are trying to make him out to be that badass.

BTW, I'm asking this as a big wrestling fan in the past, who just watches here and there when I happen to be home when something is on. I wish Angle well as he is one of my favorite wrestlers as well.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, no sense praising your previous employer when you are guaranteed to be living in a wheelchair before you'd ever get a chance to work for them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did he straight up lie to Vince when he was asking for his release? He's got to be PISSED; this completely wrecks any hope they had for ECW to come close to working, and is a huge coup for TNA even for the next few years till whenever Angle's body quits on him.

Problem for TNA - their writing still sucks. Their booking still sucks. They don't have any real depth to rely on. And they only have one hour to "showcase" all the talent they're buying from Vince (and paying for names like Scott Steiner who hasn't worked an entertaining match in like 5 years...probably more).
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM

At least they have electricity! LOL RAW
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, this is sorta off-topic, but for those of you that actually watch TNA on a regular basis, what the [censored] is there to actually like about Samoa Joe?

[/ QUOTE ]
Joe vs. Necro Butcher
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM

It was too much to hope that he would actually take sufficient time off to recover. At least TNA doesn't tour, so Angle could wrestle as little as once or twice a month for a good long time.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf he has AIDS?

[/ QUOTE ]

HIV was a reference to BBV's favorite punching bag. A young kid who can't control his bankroll and is BUSTO multiple times and swore off poker a month ago and came back and already BUSTO'd again.

Reference
Old 09-25-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, this is sorta off-topic, but for those of you that actually watch TNA on a regular basis, what the [censored] is there to actually like about Samoa Joe?

[/ QUOTE ]
Joe vs. Necro Butcher

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. But, I'm an old school guy. The extreme stuff doesn't impress me. I guess I can see why all the people that were raised on ECW would like him.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, this is sorta off-topic, but for those of you that actually watch TNA on a regular basis, what the [censored] is there to actually like about Samoa Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

well, other then the fact that he is probably the best in ring wrestler on this side of the pacific, much more stuff, cause Joe rules. Seriously, download a bunch of his stuff from Ring of honor. check out the CM Punk series and the Kenta Kobashi match if you want to see some of the best wrestling that you will ever see. Dave meltzer has given out only 4 5 star matches since 1997, and Joe has been in 3 of them, and two of them were in a 12 month span.

TNA hasn't done the best job with Joe, but he is one of the few guys that hasn't worked for the WWE that you would say that is a star that helped get created by them. Granted he was garunteed to be a top guy for a while, but TNA is where he is getting his widest audience
Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Joe vs. Necro Butcher

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. But, I'm an old school guy. The extreme stuff doesn't impress me. I guess I can see why all the people that were raised on ECW would like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

that isn't representative of his style. his style is more based in teh japanese strong style of puro wrestling then it is in the garbage style that necro butcher does. Joe is a very versitile wrestler and can even work with Junior Heavyweight wrestlers and not have it look silly