Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: learning

6 outs is not much? If that? I could be reverse dominated.

There is no reason to raise here to force out a passive caller if he calls. His call is dead money in the pot, if an Ace comes are you telling me you want that guy gone?

The only time I isolate raise with nothing is in a 6 max table where people make donk steal attempts all the time.

If you think this guy is a donk stealer go ahead and raise his bluff because that is all the raise is going to beat.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:14 PM

7.5 outs... If button has a hand like A5 or A9, raising to force him out would be a good thing. I'd hate to call and spike an A on the turn, only to be raised when I come out shooting.

I just think a call is too weak here, and I hate to fold so quickly.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against some opponents who raise this is a fold on the flop against others it's a call and against some others it's a raise.

But that is for head up action. Against 2 or more opponents it's a lot more prudent to limit your decision to a call or a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. Heads up, I almost always raise here against weak nonthinking calling station opponents in the hopes of getting a free card on the river. If I don't improve I can check/fold a small pot if I don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always? I think that's a bad raise then. 3 (yes 3) outs in a small pot heads up is not really the ideal situation for a free card that you won't always get.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7.5 outs...

[/ QUOTE ]

No. All your overcards are not clean here, Holmes. You then go on (somewhat paradoxically) to state the reason that they are not:

[ QUOTE ]
If button has a hand like A5 or A9, raising to force him out would be a good thing. I'd hate to call and spike an A on the turn, only to be raised when I come out shooting.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is the likelihood that button has either of those specific hands given his range?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:47 PM

It's true all your overcard outs are not clean, but it's pretty MUBSy assuming that you are down to 3 outs. I would just call the flop and fold the turn UI, which is what I would usually do without a read in this position.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. All your overcards are not clean here, Holmes. You then go on (somewhat paradoxically) to state the reason that they are not:

And what is the likelihood that button has either of those specific hands given his range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they're not clean, hence why I'd want to force out the button. 3 outs IS MUBS though. 2 overs and a BDSD against a button and small blind. I'm not going to heavily discount outs here.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:25 PM

I've noticed one thing happening a lot lately that argues against raising. Players, even bad ones, are starting to assume that a flop raise on a ragged flop is for a free card, and will donk the turn a lot more often than used to be the case. However, when you call the flop, they assume you are trapping with a monster. I have been getting quite a few free cards on the turn by calling the flop. No, I don't have any stats or numbers to back this up, but I have noticed it.

-Jaran