Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Force1\'s ways to win at Survivor Football

[ QUOTE ]
I think NE would be my 2nd choice. Home revenge game in primetime, Denver unimpressive so far, plus the Brady vs. Plummer factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there are pros/cons for all the alt picks. All these picks are pretty safe plays in survivor.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Saving" teams for later use if very bad strategy IMO. Not only do we not know who is going to be a "good" team later in the year usaully survivor leagues end fairly quickly (Week 10-12 with last year being the exception).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have finsihed no worse then 3rd 5 years running by following these rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for getting to this so late. I've been on a killer work schedule.

I don't know what kind of survivor leagues you play in but everyone that I've played in :

a)Winner takes all

b)If not several people last the whole year, several people are still in it well past 12th week of the season

So, finishing "no worse than 3rd" means crap unless you win the thing. If your leagues pay out first and second runner-up, then maybe it is okay to take your approach.

In a winner take all though, as I said earlier all the survivor leagues I've ever played in, I don't want to have to pick between 2 bottom feeder teams on who will win.

I will give you credit on your way of picking games. I think it's a good start, but I cannot agree with it completely since it doesn't factor in anything about wasting the best teams early on.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM

So Miami snuck by today.

Next week Philly over GB looks like the obv. choice. Will likely be the biggest favorite, at home, and it's their only "easy" home game for the season outside of Tennessee in week 11. Other options for the more adventorous include KC vs. SF, Carolina vs. NO, and St. Louis vs. Detroit.