Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Re: $11: Can he do that ???

[ QUOTE ]
Good summary ymu, so is your verdict to push? What range do you give villan though?

[/ QUOTE ]
As this played out, we don't get the option to push. Whether or not I call AI depends on my read and whether or not I remember to hover my mouse over my name and see "STOP AND THINK!!!" in my notes ...

His range is read dependent. If he's aggro with air and has been using his big stack to push people around a lot - especially if he's managed to donk off some of his chips somewhere (or hit a lucky card to draw out on someone) - then I call.

If I've seen him fold to a reraise preflop or on the flop before (when he had a big stack), then I'd (hopefully) be more cautious. If we have had a few of these battles, I guess I try to figure out whose turn it is to win this one (in his head, that is). I'd think about whether he just lost or won a big pot - winners/losers tilt could be a factor.

His range depends on all of this. I see a broadway draw, I see a flush draw, I see an overcard to my PP and I see he has every reason to think I like this flop but he's still claiming to like his hand.

If it adds up to a fold, I don't hate folding with 1500 chips left (well, I do - but I can handle it), unless the blinda are about to go up. I think at some point in this hand I'd have been wishing I had 20BB instead of 35 at the start of it so I could have pushed preflop and given him something to think about - and earnt some Sklansky dollars by getting my money in as a 4:1 favourite.

On balance, at a low buy-in, unless I had a lot of respect for villain, I'm usually calling this.