Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Pretty big Girlfriend dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
if she doesn't come some of my real good friends won't have a ride, and I really want to hang with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you want a girlfriend, want this new girl to not affect your relationship, and want your friends to come visit?

your dilemma is you need to stop thinking about only yourself.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Three word answer rule is in effect for this one:

You're a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's still plenty of room/time for redemption on this one, as long as the deciding factor isn't based on what makes his friends visiting expedient.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:12 AM

Alright, I guess I'm coming off pretty bad here. I think I'm just trying to come up with excuses cause I'm a puss. But here's another one. She usually hangs out with my best friends all the time. They go out drinking on the weekends and whatnot. So ya think there's anyway to not eff that up? I mean she doesn't have many other friends that aren't at school. So I don't want to mess up her social life too.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I guess I'm coming off pretty bad here. I think I'm just trying to come up with excuses cause I'm a puss. But here's another one. She usually hangs out with my best friends all the time. They go out drinking on the weekends and whatnot. So ya think there's anyway to not eff that up? I mean she doesn't have many other friends that aren't at school. So I don't want to mess up her social life too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you come up with will change what is right
Old 09-18-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that if you allow a cooling off period of double the time you guys were together, you can be friends.

The cooling-off period would consist of occasional stuff like casual online chat, Christmas cards, phone calls on her birthday. Just enough to have an idea on where she is living and what she's up to in general. Then in your case two years from now you can hang out platonically.

I did this with a girl I dated for a year and a half, so it was a three year break. We were both 22 when we broke up, and in the three years, we really grew apart. To the point that when we went out for lunch and a matinee, we really didn't have much to talk about. So we're not exactly best buddies now, but we are cool with each other, which is kind of nice.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get one of your friends to take her out, get her drunk, and then [censored] her. Then you can break up with her on the grounds she cheated on you.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get one of your friends to take her out, get her drunk, and then [censored] her. Then you can break up with her on the grounds she cheated on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This took longer than expected.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I guess I'm coming off like 97% of the other college kids in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2006, 01:36 AM

this comes from experience- tell her asap. she's going to be hurt, and it's going to suck. but if you don't tell her, she will find out eventually, and at that point it's going to hurt her even more that she found out from someone other than you AND that you made her look like a total idiot for believing that everything was alright for so long. and you WILL, without a doubt, wish you told her when you had the chance.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 AM

Also coming from my own experiences:

If you break up with a long term crazy girl before this weekend before she is supposed to come down here, she's gonna show up down there no matter what you do, and its gonna be some sorta mess.