Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Blind battle in Stars 55k

i disagree
Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I genuinely thought fold before I saw results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I genuinely thought fold before I saw the results because it's such an obvious call and yet a good player has posted but as I said in my OP, I can't see how we can really find a fold here. It's BSB so SB could have any two cards. He can put us on a king so if he has a nine, pushing is a good play. But he can also have a king or a flush draw so how do we find a fold?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:52 AM

God that is so wrong.

You think because he can have any 2 and we can have any 2 that he is AT ALL likely to just be shoving air here? gimme a break. I think you are looking at a 9 a large % of the time or a king or a draw, but almost never just a random spaz bluff.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 AM

ppl u should all stop saying things like "he shouldnt do this" "he should do that" "well he doesnt have that because he wouldnt do that etc etcet c"

PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. DON'T ASSUME THEY ARE PLAYING AT ALL WELL.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God that is so wrong.

You think because he can have any 2 and we can have any 2 that he is AT ALL likely to just be shoving air here? gimme a break. I think you are looking at a 9 a large % of the time or a king or a draw, but almost never just a random spaz bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that in any way, shape or form. I'm saying that because this is BSB, we're not assigning a smaller range for a nine than we might be agaisnt an ABC player raising from EP (where it's more likely to be broadway or PP).

I haven't at any stage said that I think this is a bluff. When assigning a range we say this is: 9, K or flush draw and some other hands (including some spaz bluff more than never). In earlier posts, I also pointed out that I think that this is perfectly reasonable play with a nine.

However, I don't see how we can find a fold.

I'm interested to know why it is a fold.

I don't pokerstove hands very often. I generally find that I'm better trusting an estimate and have subsequently found those estimates to be close enough.

Here, if we assign his range and plug it in, it's a call, no? If not, please explain why.

Edit: or at least say "Do you see why".

Giving this more thought, given the possibility that the flush comes home and a king splits the pot added to the massive overbet, this might not be a call but I'd like to see your working, particularly if you're going to berate me IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't pokerstove hands very often. I generally find that I'm better trusting an estimate and have subsequently found those estimates to be close enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found this interesting.

But the results of this hand make me think of HOH. Action Dan states something like "most people are telling you what they have, and play in a straightforward way." So maybe a big bet here does mean big hand. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found this interesting.

But the results of this hand make me think of HOH. Action Dan states something like "most people are telling you what they have, and play in a straightforward way." So maybe a big bet here does mean big hand. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I mean that we don't often have time or opportunity to pokerstove hands while playing so the tool is useful after the fact. The more of these calculations we do, the better our estimates become.

Initially, I was pretty confident that this was a call based on a range of 9, FD, Kx, 5% nonsense but I'm not so sure now. I'm at work so I can't check.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
callcallcallcallcall and expect to see hearts. If he had a 9 just count yourself unlucky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2006, 07:03 AM

I think the range is pretty good, and there are no absolute bluffs/gutshots included here. 22-55 is 50% weighted as well. I discounted hearts that'd raise with preflop or that he likely wouldn't call with preflop (ex. A9h/73h).

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

138,600 games 0.109 secs 1,271,559 games/sec

Board: Kh 9h 9s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 53.1602 % 48.90% 04.26% { KsQd }
Hand 2: 46.8398 % 42.58% 04.26% { 5c5d, 5d5h, 5h5s, 4c4d, 4c4h, 4d4h, 3c3h, 3c3s, 3d3s, 2d2h, 2d2s, 2h2s, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, K8s-K2s, Q9s, Qh8h, Qh7h, Qh6h, Qh5h, Qh4h, Qh3h, Qh2h, J9s, Jh8h, Jh7h, Jh6h, Jh5h, Jh4h, T9s, Th8h, Th7h, Th6h, Th5h, 95s+, 8h7h, 8h6h, 8h5h, 7h6h, 7h5h, 7h4h, 6h5h, 6h4h, 5h4h, 5h3h, 4h3h, 4h2h, 3h2h, KTo-K5o, Q9o, J9o, T9o, 96o+ }
Old 09-13-2006, 07:27 AM

Can you do me a favour and stove the range that we expect to see (when someone puts their whole stack in) and see how close this is: any king, any two hearts, any nine?

The range is obviously wider than that, but not by much IMO.