Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 5/10, Gutshot in blind battle

[ QUOTE ]
lucky - ppl fold 2pair hu in blind battle about once in never

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed if raised pf, but with hero checking bb, there are 16 nut combos hero can have, which I think would make villain more inclined to fold the two pair hands.

But yeah, if villain is maybe calling with his two pair combos, i like hero's raise all in even less.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed if raised pf, but with hero checking bb, there are 16 nut combos hero can have, which I think would make villain more inclined to fold the two pair hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain wont see nutcombos, villain will see 2pair and put you on a flushdraw. You see how the argument that villain will fold is totally flawed? Here we are, going [censored] wild with a gutshot b/c we think villain is fos, and we hope that villain is going wild as well... villains know ppl are lagtarded in blinds, since they have been in the past as well, so they will beat you into the pot with 2pair here. If I misclicked preflop and had A7 in villains spot, I would also beat you into the pot here. Ive played blind battles with 2p2rs tons before, and there are times where I've had A2 - I bet the turn on a AK49 Board that had had some flushdraw and they raise me allin.... and what do I do? I CALL AND BEAT MIDDLE PAIR OR SOME RETARDED DRAW.

cts is totally right.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain wont see nutcombos, villain will see 2pair and put you on a flushdraw. You see how the argument that villain will fold is totally flawed? Here we are, going [censored] wild with a gutshot b/c we think villain is fos, and we hope that villain is going wild as well... villains know ppl are lagtarded in blinds, since they have been in the past as well, so they will beat you into the pot with 2pair here. If I misclicked preflop and had A7 in villains spot, I would also beat you into the pot here. Ive played blind battles with 2p2rs tons before, and there are times where I've had A2 - I bet the turn on a AK49 Board that had had some flushdraw and they raise me allin.... and what do I do? I CALL AND BEAT MIDDLE PAIR OR SOME RETARDED DRAW.

cts is totally right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, as I said in my first post, I dont like this move by OP. I just think he has some f/e against two pair hands, but with villains flop action, he looks to be stronger than that, something that is basically almost good to call against nuts, if villain is bluffing even 5% of time.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Yah I agree with Dan that he will probably not fold any legitimate hand he 3-bets here. You don't 3-bet and fold in this kind of situation.

I'll do the math;

If he calls, then my pot equity is about 18% against a range of A3/A4/33/44/52s. I put in 920 and win back on average 0.18*1980 = 356 for a mean loss of 563.
If he folds then I win 280.

So, it's only +EV if the odds on him calling are >(563/280):1 ~= 2:1. Hmmm. Probably not worth it?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM

Does a minraise 3bet seem weak to anyone else? Especially if there was a timing tell involved.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:12 PM

this is the sort of play that can not really be answered on an internet forum

if your gut told you something was up and this play would work and it didn't then make sure you have a better read/feel next time and maybe consider why it didn't work to yourself
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM

ok, just read OP again, trying this play w/ no read is suicide

you are probably a little bit ahead and he folds, or you are absolutely crushed and he calls (depending on opponent 2 pair calls here and quite possibly an A)
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM

jam, the first raise is fine, but after he 3-bets, i think id just give it up. its already a small pot as it is, so i wouldnt want to risk my whole stack for just a few bucks.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Yeah, after I made the move I wasn't sure if it was brilliant or horrible or a little of both lol. Fortunately for me villain folded this time.