Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 08:04 AM

Default Re: pony keg prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
drinking 480 oz of water in 4 hours will kill you. drinking 480 oz of beer in 4 hours will also kill you. they will not even get remotely nearly even close by a giant long shot. bet the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

where do u get this stat from?
i don't think the water would kill you. but i have no basis for saying that...i just don't see why it would.
I've drank 20-30 beers in 4 hours before (and puked soon thereafter)...i could def do 41 x 12oz water...no way that would kill me.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:20 AM

you actually drown if im not mistaken. that or i remember hearing that your cells absorb too much water and actually explode. but its 720 in teh morning and i havent slept so thats probably not right.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:28 AM

of course i thought it was impossible as well. very good chance this is going down next weekend. this thread has served as a primer for the results. pictures will be included of course.

i am curious as to how much water one person could drink in 2 hours.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 AM

If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger. Too much water and no salt throws your body out of equilibrium. Your cells start take on water and expand, causing problems with your brain and other organs.

It seems like some college kids died from this in recent years during hazing activities etc, from just water and not booze.

It is a common thing to happen to marathon runners, etc, who are sweating out all of their salt and drinking too much water without any. This is why Gatorade etc is much better to drink to replenish your fluids and your salt.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:42 AM

Take the action. Get them to lay massive odds by making you the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly wrong. You mean you never drank a quart (roughly 1 liter) of liquid in an hour?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly wrong. You mean you never drank a quart (roughly 1 liter) of liquid in an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously meant 1 per hour over a sustained period of time (I assume like 4 hours or something)
Old 09-10-2006, 09:08 AM

me and a buddy of mine, we're not big...like 6'0 175 pounds..but we drink a hell of a lot...we're in panama city spring break one time so we were ready to drink..we got 2 cases of the beast and finished them by bonging them in about 6 hours..mighta been like a few stray beers bonged by some stragglers too...so id say 22 beers a piece by bonging and we were hella drunk..like barel walk drunk. With saying that, if they are big guys and drinkers like you'd say, if they bonged them (which is their best shot) theres no way in hell. They will definately throw it up, id say they can get down 30 beers in the 4 hours at best. Bet it all!!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:48 AM

only Wade Boggs could do this

if u dont know what i mean, ask around
Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 AM

I'd bet any amount of money against this actualy happening. I drink like a fish, and there's no way in hell I can finish 40+ beers in 4 hours.

I say the max they can get down in 4 hours is like 25.

edit: these guys are obviously not actualy hard drinkers like you say, because anybody who actualy drinks hard would know this is impossible.