Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: well...

I usually try to avoid these debates. However, when the vocal minority of anti-HUD people started into it, I felt the need to say something.

People who say HUDs are killing online poker obviously think there is something magical about HUDs that turn losing players into winners who can play 12 tables. If that were the case, I'd charge a lot more than $25.

The truth is that yes, HUDs offer an advantage, but that advantage is much smaller than the anti-HUDs would want everyone to believe. It's not nearly as much of an advantage as say studying a good 2+2 book or joining in the strategy discussions here on the forums. Should 2+2 stop selling books and hosting these forums? They are doing more "damage" to the games than any HUD software.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually try to avoid these debates. However, when the vocal minority of anti-HUD people started into it, I felt the need to say something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your basis for for calling the anti-HUD group a vocal minority?

How are you so sure it's a minority?

I am pro-HUD and I like the no names in the HH's. For some reason you have decided (on your own) that HUD's don't work in this sceanrio. Maybe yours doesn't (I don't own it) but GT+ works just fine.

HUD is Heads Up Display right? I can guarantee you I have one running when I play on WSEX at this time. So to claim HUD's do not work on WSEX now is simply a lie.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:27 PM

Hi Josh,

I love your HUD software. I use it on all sites with which it works. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

That being said, I am also quite happy that WSEX has made their decision they way they have. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

It is no secret that I have a mortal hate for multitablers. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Not because they are such good players, but that they hold up the games and take the FUN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] out of them. So, anything that takes away from the ability to multitable is a BIG plus in my boook.

THAT being said, I would happily use your PAHUD on WSEX just to keep current session stats on players. There is probably no real good reason for you to go to all the trouble to do this though. I am not sure how useful it would be to most of your user base.

I applaud you for making PAHUD available. I just wish every site would allow one to change their screen name as often as they wished. (Without updateing the "buddy list" you ignorant a$$es at Party, do you hear me? Morons!)

Tony
Old 09-09-2006, 12:31 PM

If they weren't the minority, then HUDs would be banned by all the sites. The majority of players either don't care or want HUD usage, therefore they are allowed.

WPEX deliberately did this to reduce the effectiveness of HUDs. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the TOS to ban use of GT+ or even PT. That's why I'm not going to be adding support for them.

I'm tired of discussing these issues, so this will probably be my last post on the subject. The fact is that WPEX needs more players and more tables running. This change does nothing to bring players in, but will push some players away. HUD users play more tables. Fish want to be able to find tables to play and multitablers provide those tables. If WPEX can't see this, then it's unlikely their site will grow much.

Everyone can go back to bashing HUDs and their users now. I'm just thankful that the successful and fishy sites have accepted HUD users. A tiny site like WPEX really doesn't make much difference, so I'm not really sure why I even got involved in the first place.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they weren't the minority, then HUDs would be banned by all the sites. The majority of players either don't care or want HUD usage, therefore they are allowed.

WPEX deliberately did this to reduce the effectiveness of HUDs. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the TOS to ban use of GT+ or even PT. That's why I'm not going to be adding support for them.

I'm tired of discussing these issues, so this will probably be my last post on the subject. The fact is that WPEX needs more players and more tables running. This change does nothing to bring players in, but will push some players away. HUD users play more tables. Fish want to be able to find tables to play and multitablers provide those tables. If WPEX can't see this, then it's unlikely their site will grow much.

Everyone can go back to bashing HUDs and their users now. I'm just thankful that the successful and fishy sites have accepted HUD users. A tiny site like WPEX really doesn't make much difference, so I'm not really sure why I even got involved in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep lying to claim HUD's don't work on their site?

You unsubstantiated the sky is falling about them banning PT is interesting to. They added HH's to the Hard Drive so players COULD use PT and track their own wins/losses and stats. Yet your claim is they are moving towards banning PT, interesting.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If WPEX can't see this, then it's unlikely their site will grow much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also of interest is how you think that JUST because they have no names in the HH's their site is unlikely to grow, and then you finish it off with how the other sites all do so well, as though it's a result of your product (or ones like yours).

How many people play on Party? How many people own your product? I really doubt the Party has had phenomonal success as a result of allowing HUD's. Maybe there are some other reasons? Nah, that doesn't fit into your argument.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fish want to be able to find tables to play and multitablers provide those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh Josh,

You, all the multitabling nits, and most of the existing sites, all fail to see something very obvious.

The fish DO NOT want to see lots of tables ALL POPULATED BY THE SAME MULTITABLING ROCK NITS.

Duh..., us fish, we ain't stoopid ya know.

Tony, the Sturgeon
Old 09-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Are you kidding? Fish do not care about multitabling players. They are just there to play. They want to find as many tables as possible.

I was a fish once, so I know how these things go. And yes, I was stupid.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep lying to claim HUD's don't work on their site?

You unsubstantiated the sky is falling about them banning PT is interesting to. They added HH's to the Hard Drive so players COULD use PT and track their own wins/losses and stats. Yet your claim is they are moving towards banning PT, interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played on wsex after the new HH, but I think he is saying that PA doesn't work at all, and that if you use gametime that it only works for the current session and that the next time you play, those players stats won't be there and you will start back at zero. Now, I don't know if it starts back at zero, but I assume thats what wpex was going for when they took out the names.

So even if you get stats for the 1 session you play, thats not taking full advantage of what a hud is suposed to do.
So him claiming that huds don't work is pretty much correct.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:51 PM

fish, did you get my email?