Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: $100 NL 6m, 1010 getting reraised.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I am aware that if he is intelligent he is going to realize that you probably don't have an A here. But he has already shown that he is a donk by his hands so far and his thought process very likely doesn't go beyond "oh no, an A fell!"

[/ QUOTE ]

A7? A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine so far.

Now I like a c/r to $35, take him off his QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh yeh yeh. Screw all this check/fold business. We have a good hand here, villain has shown weakness on two streets running. What do we need, a gold-plated invitation to take this pot away?

Btw, I think anyone saying that a min-reraise PF is almost always a high PP is way off.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I am aware that if he is intelligent he is going to realize that you probably don't have an A here. But he has already shown that he is a donk by his hands so far and his thought process very likely doesn't go beyond "oh no, an A fell!"

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you play AK any different (maybe a little more aggressive on the flop)? I don't think he can eliminate all Aces from your range. Otherwise, yeah, I agree.

Chicago,

Villain bet the minimum reraise OOP. That just screams strength. He knows the pot has already been raised, he knows he's giving you good odds to continue, he knows he will be OOP for the rest of the hand, and he just doesn't care.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM

bgoalie35,

um, why would you c/c AK on that flop?

Yeah, I realized that right after I typed it, edited now.

You dont think overcards call flop lead? Then when A comes on turn its c/f time.

Seems like it would have a better result than c/c because of FE. Villain probably doesn't have a 7 or 6 here, so he probably calls just as often as he leads.

What am I missing? Does he have JJ-AA far more often here than AK-AQ?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont think overcards call flop lead? Then when A comes on turn its c/f time.

Seems like it would have a better result than c/c because of FE. Villain probably doesn't have a 7 or 6 here, so he probably calls just as often as he leads.

What am I missing? Does he have JJ-AA far more often here than AK-AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing a few things.

Firstly, why are you talking about FE? We don't have any FE vs better hands, so all we're doing is folding out worse hands.

I'd expect overcards to not call our flop bet, but if they do, thats a bad thing. Imagine a blank comes on the turn. Are you really going to put any more money in? So all leading and c/f a turn does if he has overs is get us to put a PSB in on the flop, and then fold teh best hand anyway on the turn

So what I am saying, is leading flop turns your hand into a bluff. Whether its +EV or not isn't as important as to whether c/c flop is MORE +EV
Old 09-07-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chicago,

Villain bet the minimum reraise OOP. That just screams strength. He knows the pot has already been raised, he knows he's giving you good odds to continue, he knows he will be OOP for the rest of the hand, and he just doesn't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I think you're looking at the wrong hand. Villain is on the button, not OOP.

And the only action I'm debating here is the flop. I think leading out would be ideal. C/F and C/C just seem like bad options. I make a nice 3/4 pot bet, if I'm raised I'm probably folding. End of hand.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM

D, maybe 2 better hands fold to a turn c/r bluff....maybe...depending on villain. Im sure you know by now that most people are never folding AA/KK here, once in a while QQ will fold, but not too often.

leading the flop for $9 is a much cheaper bluff IMO.
If he has AK/AQs or something he will fold, if he has a higher pair he calls, we know where we are, and c/f the turn w/o a T
Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM

g,

why would he call with KK on the turn? You realise the turn was an ace, right?

My normal plan would be to c/f the turn, but the fact an ace came and he bet weak means I think he's folding to a c/r a lot