Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: [OT] stoxtrader = the best?

[ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

60k LHE freezeout Kurosh vs Zeebo GOGOGOGOGOGO
Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, i have nothing against stox but id be pretty surprised if he was in the top 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you suggesting that his PT screenshots are fake?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just seems like there are there are lots of other guys making as much or more as stox, especially at NL. And I could be way off but from what I remember of those screenshots he wasnt playing very many hands/month because he still was/is working.

edit-just saw his most recent post...my info was obviously dated. Id def say hes top 100, just not "The best" and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM

the best players are the ones that are great fundamentally, and dont get rattled or tilt. i played with stox, bicyclekick, and paluka etc throughout the years and they were all very very solid and didnt tilt, i think thats the key. stox is the man btw.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. also the "best" players (judged by 2+2 at least) seem to be whomever is running good over a recent period of time. aba is getting alot of exposure right now and I'm sure many consider him to be the "best" and this may well be true if he continues to put up $700k months. but as we have seen before the "best" can change relatively quickly in the online poker world. more impressive to me are those that have been doing this 3+ years now.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, i have nothing against stox but id be pretty surprised if he was in the top 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you suggesting that his PT screenshots are fake?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just seems like there are there are lots of other guys making as much or more as stox, especially at NL. And I could be way off but from what I remember of those screenshots he wasnt playing very many hands/month because he still was/is working.

edit-just saw his most recent post...my info was obviously dated. Id def say hes top 100, just not "The best" and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-07-2006, 03:45 PM

I have played with Stox and many other people who could certainly be candidates for "the best."

Two of Stox's biggest strengths are game selection and not tilting.

To find out if he really is the best he'd have to play in some games that are not good, and then he'd have to play them long enough to find some long term results. That'll never happen.

I have already made it pretty clear in past threads who I think the best is when it comes to LHE, and it's not Stox (my vote = Thor Lagerborg). However, Stox is definitely up there very high. He makes few mistakes, and some of his postflop strengths are things that I am not as good at or do not understand as well as he does. He's for sure a top player, for whatever that is worth.

Here is a good measuring stick and a testament to Stox:

"Man Stoxtrader is a maniac, he goes to war with me on every flop it seems like." - Boutros from Crytpo, to me and Tongni

"Stoxtrader is probably one of the most weak tight, straight forward winning players I've regularly played against in LHE." - me, in the past around the same time Boutros made this statement

The fact that two of his regular opponents had total opposite things to say about his style of play is probably a signal of his caliber of play and the fact that he's a great player.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:10 PM

FWIW, which isn't much, the best shorthanded 2+2ers I have played against, IMO are Schneids and Newhizzle. Keep in mind that I have not played higher than 1-2 and have not played against Stox, Zues, etc. in quite a long time.

TSP
Old 09-07-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LHE is no way to show who's the champ. $5 horse sng! Find out who's the best all around player...holdem omaha8 razz stud stud8 AND sit n gos. It's like all elements of poker in one.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:36 PM

Stox is very very good.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:58 PM

no bicyclekick?