[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c its not a good idea to push players off any pair, let alone top pair. And if we hit, pretty much all our outs are deceptive, so we have really good implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes sense. What if he bets too much ? Shouldn't we try to price ourself with a small bet ? The hand went like this

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) TightPoker converter

linuxrocks ($48)
BB ($48.70)
UTG ($47)
MP ($36.85)
CO ($55.05)
Button ($123.25)

Preflop: linuxrocks is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, linuxrocks completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
linuxrocks checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls $2, linuxrocks calls $2, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks bets $6.5</font>, MP calls $6.50, Button folds.

River: ($22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks checks</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets to $20 </font>, linuxrocks folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

river action in this HH is clearly doctored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I lost the actual hand, so I added the last line by copy-pasting the turn action. I remember check/folding though, his bet may not be accurate but a Q appeared for sure.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Lost on the turn, plan ?

On the turn im checking, and if MP bets and BTN calls, im squeeze pushing them. If MP bets and BTN folds im calling.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 PM

Raise preflop to $4 to steal from the limpers.

If you get called, bet your normal cb amount (3/4 pot or full pot, whatever you do usually for a post flop cb).

If you get called, I think a second barrel on this turn is worth it for a pot-sized bet. At this point, you may be pot-committed if you get raised by somebody slowplaying a set. It would depend on the size of the pot relative to your remaining stack size.

If you get called on the second barrel and river a blank, bluff at the river. The amount of the bluff would depend on the size of your remaining stack. If you've come this far, it's probalby all-in on the end. You might be up against a higher draw and you don't want to lose to A-high (diamonds).

I've lost a few pots with this line, but won some too. I like to steal from limpers occasionally with a suited connector or semi-connector. If I get called, I'll play draws fast, but give up after one cb if I don't even have a draw.

Anybody else take a line like this one?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop to $4 to steal from the limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure ? This is not 0.5/1, this is 0.25/0.5. I don't like playing ATo OOP. Most of the limpers will just call and puts us in a bad position.

[ QUOTE ]
If you get called, bet your normal cb amount (3/4 pot or full pot, whatever you do usually for a post flop cb).

If you get called, I think a second barrel on this turn is worth it for a pot-sized bet. At this point, you may be pot-committed if you get raised by somebody slowplaying a set. It would depend on the size of the pot relative to your remaining stack size.

If you get called on the second barrel and river a blank, bluff at the river. The amount of the bluff would depend on the size of your remaining stack. If you've come this far, it's probalby all-in on the end. You might be up against a higher draw and you don't want to lose to A-high (diamonds).

I've lost a few pots with this line, but won some too. I like to steal from limpers occasionally with a suited connector or semi-connector. If I get called, I'll play draws fast, but give up after one cb if I don't even have a draw.

Anybody else take a line like this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why are firing so fast OOP. If we hit hard like this, it's fine, otherwise you have got to re-think your strategy.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 PM

Linux, raising to 3 is fine. Completing is fine. FWIW I used to play exactly how albert described at 50NL, and people would call pot/pot and then fold to the river push very frequently. Yes, you get caught bluffing, but you get so much action on your big hands. I think if you dont over-do it that it is a great strategy. FWIW I did this is like 80% of the pots I opened pf.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:54 PM

turn c/r is better in a limped pot vs a guy who fires a lot of barrels. in this case, if a turn is bet pretty hard, we can be pretty sure whoever has bet twice now in a limped pot against a decent field probably likes their hand. morover, since all our outs are well disguised (runner runner flush and nobody can read a straight anyway), we still can get a decent bet on the river.

c/r a turn is fine if it checks to the last guy who bets $4 or something lame like that, in which case you have a reasonable chance of taking down the pot and also juice up the pot a fair amount in case this guy does have the goods.

i feel like a lead accomplishes almost nothing in this particular hand because we are almost never taking it down, and we are showing enough strength that we are more likely to get a river fold if we try to get value.