Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Negreanu ALWAYS FRESH

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. He's got a point about white people having a very violent (evil) history.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he really doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are thinking of the good people of the middle east. If you wanna point the finger at america for slavery, that was like ~50 years. They have kept it real in egypt, iran, syria, iraq, etc. for muuuch longer.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:27 PM

As I said, I am not saying that "white history" is any more violent than any other history. We simply are not exposed to anything other than "slavery" and the "white" people are not just Americans saucyspade. This just shows my point. we are taught as children that Americans had slaves and that's all. If you want to go into the US, we have overthrown 23 governments in foreign countries in the last 100 years.

When I said that "white history" is violent i was referring to SOOOO much more than the slavery that took place in the United States. European history is one of war after war after war.

Also, in any country, the race that is most prominent is going to be villafied by the minorities and for good reason. Stereotyping, racism and prejudice are two way streets. Anything that is true about a stereotype reinforces it for the masses, and anything 'evil' that one person of the majority does is seen as a problem across the entire population.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, I am not saying that "white history" is any more violent than any other history. We simply are not exposed to anything other than "slavery" and the "white" people are not just Americans saucyspade. This just shows my point. we are taught as children that Americans had slaves and that's all. If you want to go into the US, we have overthrown 23 governments in foreign countries in the last 100 years.

When I said that "white history" is violent i was referring to SOOOO much more than the slavery that took place in the United States. European history is one of war after war after war.

Also, in any country, the race that is most prominent is going to be villafied by the minorities and for good reason. Stereotyping, racism and prejudice are two way streets. Anything that is true about a stereotype reinforces it for the masses, and anything 'evil' that one person of the majority does is seen as a problem across the entire population.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what dream world you think you inhabit, but no country in the world teaches a self-critical, complete history of itself to schoolchildren.

Look, Negreanu is a brilliant poker player and a classly individual. He is, however, severely under-educated and very poorly-read. That is why, when I read his blog, I skip over whatever idiot ramblings he has on politics, conceptions of history, etc.

Anyways, I don't read this forum for intellectual banter, so can we get back to the gossip now?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:44 PM

Look, Negreanu is a brilliant poker player and a classly individual. He is, however, severely under-educated and very poorly-read. That is why, when I read his blog, I skip over whatever idiot ramblings he has on politics, conceptions of history, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir
Old 09-01-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he really doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are thinking of the good people of the middle east. If you wanna point the finger at america for slavery, that was like ~50 years. They have kept it real in egypt, iran, syria, iraq, etc. for muuuch longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this was a joke.

Most countries have done terrible things throughout their history, it's OK to admit that America has f'ed up in the past. The important thing is that majority of Americans acknowledge this and are making conscious efforts to make things right and not let history repeat itself.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he really doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to do some edumacation fella. not saying us white people are the worst race today or of the past but to just right it off like we never did a bad/violent/evil thing in our past , present , or future. Is just a little childish . dont ya think?

Its not like white men(im white) never enslaved and tortured an entire race before. o wait

Its not like white men almost completley erased an entire race (native american) off the face of the earth. o wait.

Its not like white men didnt try to erase another group of people (Jewish) of the face of the earth. o wait.(we were also a big part in stoping that fwiw)

Thats just off the top of my head.

Again im not saying we as the "white man" are the most "evil" or the most violent. Maybe even some of the "evil" things we did in the past were things that had to be done. But to right something off like " thats [censored] maaaaan" with out maybe thinking about it a little bit is a little silly. And its not like u have to have white mans quilt about this its just an understanding of the past.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 PM

Daniel eats really healthy food, and he's young and has a good attitude. Also, AFAIK, he doesn't hit the booze much anymore.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:12 AM

Some of you people talking about white history are so wrong about so much it's just absurd. Stop talking before you retard up the entire website.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 AM

colonialism...

more relevant.
yea. he keeps it fresh.