Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: dating an older girl

[ QUOTE ]
is she gonna jet as soon as she meets a 30-year old millionaire with way bigger biceps than me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in fact, that's exactly what she will do, just like every other 26-year-old on the planet would. Hint: it has nothing to to with biceps.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The real question is what you are looking for. You looking to have fun or get serious? It sounds like the latter to me...at 22 you should be having fun. Get serious when you're a little older.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always been a relationship kind of dude, and I generally sell myself on girls way too early. I like hooking up and casual dating (who doesn't?), but I suck at the middle ground.

my primary fear is what someone else mentioned. one night she'll get a call from another guy, and that'll be that, because I don't really like competing. at this point I'd either like to commit or peace out and find someone else/hook up with whoever the hell I want.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you screwed her or not, this might make a little difference in her thought process

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really see what you mean, but yes we've slept together several times.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always been a relationship kind of dude, and I generally sell myself on girls way too early. I like hooking up and casual dating (who doesn't?), but I suck at the middle ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya about being the relationship-type. Just keep in mind that there's nothing wrong w/ dating someone for a month and then moving on. It's okay to date multiple women, too. Hell, that's what decent looking broads seem to do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2006, 03:11 PM

Before I turned 19 I had already been with a 24 and 28 y.o. Thats dating an older women.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I turned 19 I had already been with a 24 and 28 y.o. Thats dating an older women.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK I SUPPOSE THE POINT ISN'T HER AGE BUT INSTEAD THAT IT IS ACTUALLY THE FACT THAT SHE IS LIVING ON HER OWN AND HAS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET OF GOALS AND A VASTLY DIFFERENT MINDSET FROM THE COLLEGE GIRLS I HAVE BEEN DATING FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS.

sorry. had to get that out.

thanks for all of your input!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 PM

If she doesn't want to be your gf then start seeing other chicks, or at least make her think you are.

Trust me if you want to lose this girl then have one-itis for her. In other words, if she thinks that you are making her your life, you are in big [censored] trouble. Make sure you stay the same college boy with other things going on that you were when you met her.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:59 PM

22-26 is not a big age gap. Welcome to the real world.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The real question is what you are looking for. You looking to have fun or get serious? It sounds like the latter to me...at 22 you should be having fun. Get serious when you're a little older.

[/ QUOTE ]

my primary fear is what someone else mentioned. one night she'll get a call from another guy, and that'll be that, because I don't really like competing. at this point I'd either like to commit or peace out and find someone else/hook up with whoever the hell I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

preemptive breakup...you need hand
Old 08-27-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

preemptive breakup...you need hand

[/ QUOTE ]
meh... weak. if it's icy the next time we hang out, then I'm out. if it's anything better than icy, we'll go from there. what the hell is hand?

thanks all. warik in particular helped me to think straight.