Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: 10,000 hands stats

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I am trying to work on my steals a bit more.

I have a 450$ BR, move up to .5/1?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you've learned a few things just from this thread that you need to work on. The question you asked about the W@SD showed a bit of a lack of understanding of a pretty key concept, IMO. I think you should play 10K more hands and read some more.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is 10k hands even worth looking at? Whether you are running at 20bb/100 or -20bb/100 I think that 10k is just to small to tell anything other than how many hands you have played.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10,000 hand post is a stat check thing and standard AFAIK from my memory of when I was on the forums more than year back.

Its your first stats check, and I think should be done by everybody.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is 10k hands even worth looking at? Whether you are running at 20bb/100 or -20bb/100 I think that 10k is just to small to tell anything other than how many hands you have played.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10,000 hand post is a stat check thing and standard AFAIK from my memory of when I was on the forums more than year back.

Its your first stats check, and I think should be done by everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just don't think 10k stats can really tell you much. But, if everyone says 10k stats is a standard "check up" point, then I guess it is.

Keep it up, so far so good.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:23 PM

I always get annoyed at relevancy issues with posting stats of smaller datasets. The key is not in the profit numbers per se but I have found personally that my variance hasn't changed negatively as I gain more hand experience. My profit margins change but the variance continues to get tighter and tighter and the relationship between variance and profit is recordable.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:26 PM

imo your att to steal is way too low.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo your att to steal is way too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will work on that, will post some steal hands from now on.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:33 AM

Nice stats. We have played at the same table several times. Comparing your stats with mine and the play levels I see we are at about the same stage of development. One thing I noticed you might look at is your folded to river bet stat. If any of those are in larger 10BB+ pots you might consider calling those when you are not absolutely sure. That could be the factor that increases your profit but reduces your W$SD stat. If you pick up 2 of ten of those it would sure have that effect.

Also I notice in the thread you commented about wanting to deal with small and middle pairs more effectively. I have been working on that myself and am convinced the set value often discussed in this forum is real and effective. This weekend I had the right situation and turned a 44, PP I might have folded e few weeks ago into a 28BB win. That may not be typical but it highlights the concept.

Last but not least I mentioned earlier that we have played together several times. FWIW I think you are a good player and are obviously serious about continuing to get better. I'm sure you will. Good luck and I hope I can keep up with your progress.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:38 AM

shabba shabba shabba bitches
Old 08-27-2006, 08:07 AM

At first glance, I say steal the blinds more. For your 0.5-1 game, get to the SD a little more. Be more bold in LP to get the PF raises up and isolate. Your VPIP could be a little higher. I personally think its ok to limp in with 22, 33 and suited aces in the micros w/out any limpers. 5.39bb's is nice!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh and you're running super hot

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, those stats have remained same from ~6500 hands to 10,000 hands. My BB/100 had reduced from 7+ to its current rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have been moving up through the limits in order then yes you are running hot. Your winrate is down from 10/20 to 25/50 but way up at 50/1.

Your vpip is way up in the small sample size for the 50/1 and you're going to showdown more often yet winning more often instead of less which you would expect when seeing the showdown with more hands.

If you look at your reduced winrate from 10/20 to 25/50 you would expect to see it drop a little as you move up to 50/1 but right now you're running way hot and it's crazy high.

I'm not saying you can't or won't win at 50/1 and the whole sample size is pretty small but I think it looks a tad inflated right now.

I would move up though and play 10k at 50/1 then just look at your 50/1 stats and see how they look. If you keep playing as well as it sounds and looks like you are you will have plenty of bankroll by then to move up again if you are still doing well.