Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: I called anyway... LC

Here is a twin of your hand:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Was this a stupid call down? Would you have called the river bet? I hope for interesting answers.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:18 PM

I don't think that's anything like my hand.

I haven't the slightest idea if it is a stupid call-down... you've got no reads in your post and you're asking me to critique it.

I didn't put reads in my post because I wasn't asking people to critique it... the hand was just an example.

But as to your hand, I have no idea if it is stupid for BB to call-down, or are you asking about your river call?

If I was in your position I may have wondered what hands he could 3-bet pre-flop that wouldn't beat me. About the only one I can come up with is KQs. KQs isn't betting that river, though, unless it's a bluff, and I have no reads that he does that.

Another question to ask is if he flopped 4 Aces what would it gain him to bet? The only street where it is important for him to bet so it wouldn't get checked through would be the river.

I hope this is interesting enough.

Edit: If you are asking about his call-down, and you actually did win by beating his pocket pair, then I would say he played pretty bad pre-flop, but post-flop his call-down isn't so bad since you just raised/called pre-flop meaning your range could very easily include hands like KQs, KJs, maybe even QJs. Especially if MP2 is a bad player and you might be isolating him.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:20 PM

This hand is more like my first hand:

All the villains in this hand are VPIP 60+, CO and Button I've only seen a couple spins around the table, but CO did post in UTG with a 5BB buy-in.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls $0.90 (All-In).

Final Pot: 15.40 BB