Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Just looked at the week 1 lines. Arizona -7.5?!? WTF

If Edge can actually provide the Cardinals with a running game, their offense will be pretty sick.

49ers, on the other hand, had the worst defense in the league last year, and now they've lost Julian Peterson!

Seems like a serious mismatch when the Cards are on O, so I think the line is fine. If anything, I'd bet the Cards at home.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:25 PM

ugh...I am going to stay away from this game...Alot of easier games week 1.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The 49ers are no better than they were last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case. The public is misguided on this one, and as usual fails to understand how important an improved o-line is. Bet the 9ers. Anyone who thinks a team that picked up Larry Allen hasn't improved just hasn't done his homework.

natedogg
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks a team that picked up Larry Allen hasn't improved just hasn't done his homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry Allen is a shell of what he used to be although that's still an improvement for the Niners.

I agree with you about the Niners being better than expected this year Nate but I don't like them in this game. AZ should have a huge emotional edge here. They have playoff expectations and will be opening their new stadium before a rare sellout crowd. But at -7.5 the line appears to reflect that so I won't be betting AZ straight either.

I do think I'll be playing an AZ/NE teaser though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 49ers are no better than they were last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case. The public is misguided on this one, and as usual fails to understand how important an improved o-line is. Bet the 9ers. Anyone who thinks a team that picked up Larry Allen hasn't improved just hasn't done his homework.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree... cardinals are 'hyped' to be good probably as much as the 49ers have been 'hyped' to be bad.. if betting on the NFL was as easy as a bunch of you are claiming it to be on such 'obvious' games as his I wouldnt have to goto work in 8 hrs [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 01:15 AM

Plus Larry Allen (who can bench 650... man), but minus Peterson and being on the road and being in the bottom quarter of about every statistics- and talent-based category, the niners are very possibly the worst team in the NFL. I think they get pwned by more than 7.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Larry Allen is 35 years old and WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY past his prime. Linemen usually last longer than some players but not Allen, he's been going downhill for the past few seasons.

If you are pointing to him as reason te 49ers are vastly improved this year, you really are totally clueless.

The Dallas Cowboys offensive line was atrocious last season, mostly because Larry Allen isn't half of what he used to be.

You guys are just throwing good money away at these crumb bums.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:38 PM

My first post. Yay. I would pick AZ they are at home plus they will score.
San Fran is a dog and i would need a more sever line before going to them.
They maybe a big fat turkey, but they are a retarted big fat turkey that will most likely throw itself over the cliff.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dallas Cowboys offensive line was atrocious last season, mostly because Larry Allen isn't half of what he used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true, after Adams got hurt Allen was the only one left worth his spot there, thats why their line was bad. Allen not as good as he used to be is still better then most of the lineman in the league, and its not close. This doesnt mean I dont agree with you to not bet the niners, but that had to be corrected.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the niners are terrible. the cardinals are going to [censored] crush them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what people said last year before the Niners' opening game, when they beat the Rams.

[/ QUOTE ]I remember being one of the only ones on this board touting the 49ers non stop last year. That was my biggest bet of the season I think.

As for this year, I like the 49ers in this one, but I could see it going either way due to the unknown factor of how much the new stadium/sellout crowd will help.