Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Ak - I have no idea how to play NL

[ QUOTE ]
I find that betting the turn in situations like this (when checked to) allows me to check behind on the river far more frequently than otherwise. Otherwise I often face a bluff or blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you check behind turn you allow hands that would have folded to a turn bet to bluff the river. The river bet from villain is usually not larger than what you would have bet yourself on the turn, so often facing a bluff or blocking bet isn't bad. The only downside of checking the turn is giving away a free card, how bad that is depends on the situation, I don't mind it here.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, given read, villain will call with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
If Laggy and bluff happy equals total idiot then ok. If he really has J8 or worse here you have a new buddy. But I wouldn't bet the river, just because you might get bluff c/r and I really don't see him having a worse hand here.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 PM

For the fisrt AK hand....

Preflop, Flop are standard.

For the turn, I usually let it go at that point, unless I have a read on the player that he'll call a lot of flop bets and then tighten up on the turn.

As played, you must fold this river, way too much ahead of you.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the replied guys. How about this. Villain is 20/6 guy who a hand earlier called my button raise with KT (his hand, not mine) and ended up pushing the turn (it was K high).

Is this a fold in NL?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($26.40)
BB ($118.45)
UTG ($349.70)
Hero ($161.20)
CO ($135.35)
Button ($49.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($23.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $38.4</font>,
Old 08-17-2006, 02:50 PM

check and re-evaluate turn (if he bets weak, call and blocking bet 1/2 pot on a safe river...you may have to fold if he bombs it.) As played: fold.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Fold the turn, calling will only lead to costly mistakes and you probably have ~4 outs. River is fine.