8. Steven Jackson
9. Peyton Manning
10.Ronnie Brown
11.Rudi Johnson
12.Cadillac Williams

I think this is close consensus.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Post your top 12 fantasy draft picks

I dont see why Ronnie Brown has been linked so high. I watched him in college and seemed like a very impressive RB. He had a decent 2005 year, and maybe its due that Ricky Williams is now out of the picture

Ronnie Brown 2005 stats:
Player Att Yds Avg Long TD
Ronnie Brown 207 907 4.4 65 4

Maybe I do have Willie Parker too high. Deuce Staley will also be healthy this year. When it comes to coaching we know Pittsburgh loves to run the ball continously.

I am having a hard time passing on Antonio Gates. Yes he is a TE and they get fewer attempts, but this guy last year was a straight out freak. SD also put him as a slot receiver at times. Of course I had Tony Gonzales (drafted him like 5th round) last year, 2004 was a record season for Tony G, but 2005 he really was horrid.

I think Brian Westbrook will be a key element to the Eagles this year. He has a decent offesnive line, and I feel the offensive scheme will try to use him more.

So what do you want, a consistent RB or a RB that breaks for the big runs?

RB I have questions on
Dallas - Julius Jones: did he have one great year or is the cowboys next stand back?
New Englad - Corey Dillon: also coming off injury, but 2 years ago he was a key reason the Pats won the championship
Atlanta - Warrick Dunn: He's a mini guy, but this guy had major stats for Atlanta last year. 1451 rushing yds, but only 3 tds.

Some people have Steve Smith in the top 12. Thats risky no dobut, but it just might pay off.

My draft position for #12 and #13 will likely come down to the wire.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:46 AM

To follow up, if I had to make the choice right now I would grab two RB because its the most logical move no matter who is taken. It just the matter of which players you feel will have an average year and which will have breakout years. I mean Reggie Bush and Vince Young are huge question marks, but if they fall down the draft, they might be one hell of a 2nd or 3rd round sleeper pick.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To the OP....you have the 12, 13, 36, and 37th draft picks. IN the first 3 rounds (i.e. before your 3rd pick), there will be 30 RBs taken, 3 WRs, 2 or 3 QBs, 1 maybe 2 TE's, etc. THe point is, there will be NO RB's left over by the time your 3rd pick rolls around. You NEEEEEED to take two RBs with your first two picks.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are overestimating greatly with this breakdown. You are saying about half the teams are going to go RB with their first 3 picks. This isn't going to happen in most leagues. 3 WRs? That's saying S. Smith, Chad Johnson and Marvin are the only ones picked in the first three rounds. That's ridiculous as Holt, Fitzgerald, Owens, Moss and probably Boldin will be gone after 3 rounds as well. If I had the 12th pick, I'd be looking to go RB/WR right now.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 AM

Add Ronnie and Ricky's stats you have 376 carries, 1650 yards, 10TDs.

I know that's not exact, but the Dolphins got much better as the year progressed, and Ronnie figures to also progress in his 2nd season. I think he's definitely a top 10 RB, likely around 6 or 7.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:08 AM

I don't mind 12/13 in a 12 teamer. I'd rather have 3 but 12 isn't terrible. I've read a bit about people going WR/WR here, but only under optimal conditions. If 11 straight backs go, then I would nab Smith & Johnson. Someone will take Manning before you most likely so you will probably have a choice of R. Brown or Caddy. Take whoever remains and then Steven Smith. Rounds 3 & 4 go RB/WR again. You should be able to get someone like Dunn or maybe Chester Taylor. 2 scenarios you go RB/RB then WR/WR or you RB/WR, RB/WR

Brown
McGahee
Jackson
Burress

or

Brown
Dunn
S. Smith
Jackson
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 AM

The reason I would not draft Manning so high is because Hasselmonster will be available later, and to be honest, his production shouldn't be too far off from Manning's.

You could also gamble on one of Brees/Palmer/Culpepper and do OK I think.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Add Ronnie and Ricky's stats you have 376 carries, 1650 yards, 10TDs.

I know that's not exact, but the Dolphins got much better as the year progressed, and Ronnie figures to also progress in his 2nd season. I think he's definitely a top 10 RB, likely around 6 or 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ronnie has the potential to be a top 10 RB as well. In addition to these points, Miami will be playing in a fairly weak devision and both the Jets and Patriots have lost key defensive players in the off season.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:39 AM

1. Tomlinson
2. L. Johnson
3. Alexander
4. Portis
5. James
6. Barber
7. R. Johnson
8. Brown
9. Williams
10. Jackson
11. Jordan
12. Manning
--
13. J. Jones
14. Owens
15. Westbroook
16. Smith
17. Johnson
18. Davis
19. McGahee
20. Boldin
21. Fitzgerald
22. Taylor
23. K. Jones
24. Moss
Old 08-15-2006, 12:13 PM

I may as well ask my question in this thread.

Why is everyone in love with Tiki? Is no one worried about the pairing of age + fewer goal line touches?