Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: So how did you bust out?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had 16K at dinner on Day 1. Lost AK to A3 for a couple thousand chips, then lost a few thousand more with 88 on a 732 board against a LAG (almost went with it, he was floating/raising 90% of c-bets), but read strength, mucked and he showed AA. Was down to 4625, raised to 625 with AhQh. 3 callers. Flop A94, 2 diamonds. Both blinds check to me, I jam, weak-tight button overjams (only about 1K more than me), I know I am effed, blinds fold, he shows A9, turn T, river not a T or Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, that is just like how a buddy of mine got sent out.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY? I bet he's a COMPLETE donk.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:03 PM

14K with 1 hour to go in day 1D. Blinds 200-400a50. UTG limps, I'm next to act and make it 1600 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] to go with my QQ. Only UTG calls after some deliberation. Flop 779 with two spades, 4300 or so in the pot. UTG check-pushes my bet of 3000, and I call immediately. He had 6d7d, no miracles for me.

Should've raised more preflop.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open pushed for 27BB (M=9.5) UTG with 22. I got called by Jamie Gold with TT and then had my play mocked all over the internet, but am still happy with it. Maybe I'll post it in MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a pretty gross play, but as long as your happy with it
Old 08-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Right before dinner on Day 1: AK < 77 busted me, but I was crippled a half hour before when my AA < Q9s.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:48 PM

Day 2, blinds 400/800, I only have about 12k after posting big blind. EP limps, humongous stack limps on button, SB completes, I check with T4o. Flop T62r, EP limper bets 2k into a 4200 pot (looks to me like a feeler bet with a low-mid pp) big stack calls on button (he could pretty much have anything), I decide there's a good chance I have the best hand and push for another 10k to take it down. First guy agonizes for quite awhile and folds. Big stack thinks forever and finally calls with JT. Ace on turn actually gave me a few outs to split it but river blanked.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open pushed for 27BB (M=9.5) UTG with 22. I got called by Jamie Gold with TT and then had my play mocked all over the internet, but am still happy with it. Maybe I'll post it in MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since most of my posts are from MTT, I'll just offer my opinion that I don't think 22 is playable UTG with that stack size. With a significantly smaller or larger stack, yes.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since most of my posts are from MTT, I'll just offer my opinion that I don't think 22 is playable UTG with that stack size. With a significantly smaller or larger stack, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is certainly playable UTG with 27xBB, but for a limp or maybe a small raise. Folding is OK too. It depends on your style and the table. I would probably limp and not mind too much if I got pushed off the hand for 1xBB. I might even limpriase allin with it if the conditions were right.

The push is of course terrible and suicidal. There was some fish who pushed UTG for 27xBB with A8s with 2 or 3 table left. I don't understand why people make plays like that. I suppose that you steal the blinds a lot because people think you must have AK or JJ or something. Some people don't know how to play postflop and maybe have a hard time folding a decent hand in early position.

Incidently, pushing 22 for 27xBB M of 9 or whatever is cEV+ from CO or later. You might even be able to push from one position earlier. From late position, open pushing is not a terrible way to play 22, but you could also raise or limp.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM

steve,

things are a lot more fun when you're making quads with underpairs, eh?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM

day 3, I have 115k or so, over average, 950 left.

Sabyl raises to 4 or 5k in the cutoff for the third strait time, I call out of bb with 98s. Flop QJT, i check, she bets 8k, I make it 24k, she calls. Turn 5 which gives me flush draw, I shove, she calls with AK, I don't catch up. Down to 15k. Get all in with A5 vs 67 and go out 907th. bunch of work for nothing
Old 08-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Miscalculated my M by 1.2 to turn what would have been a marginal push into an awful one with Ace-rag in MP. Called and busted by TT in the SB. Gonna make these moves a bit more slowly in the future [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]