Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Best 10-25 NL Player at Borgata?

PACHENGA MENGA!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:08 PM

in my limited experiences there the borgata regulars are generally uncreative, boring, nits. rocco is a huge nit who misses value bets like its his job. that big guy with the red hair they call red is a solid/standard player from what i can see. i have more respect for a lot of the crazy commerce players because a) they are more fun to play with and b) they have fun and are more creative.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:20 PM

Ha ha, I saw Rocco angle a guy on a collection pot - one guy put up all the money for time, but was supposed to get it back from whoever won the collection pot - Rocco won it, then gave some silly-ass reason why he shouldn't give him the money back like 'I'll get the next one'.

I was pretty sure he was stuck - wouldn't surprise me if he only pulls these sorts of things when down money.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:46 PM

i never play in time pots when in a nitty game. they are all folding and never paying a time pot and i am raising alot and stealing pots and paying every [censored] time pot.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:13 PM

Ian is a really good limit player. is he any good at NL? seems like a lot of the limit regs switched over to NL recently (3 months ago)
Old 08-14-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's exactly the kind of guy who would look like a Rocco - wrinkled face, slicked back grayish hair. Probably in his early to late 60s. He's a solid player from what I've seen at 5/10, but I've also really only seen him play his own cards - that kind of style just can't make him one of the biggest winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

really loud and obnoxious, wears a lot of jewelry, talks about how much money he wins, greasy italian guy? super weak-tight and always calls out people hands (which is always the nuts) and talks about how good his folds are? i've seen him wear a michael vick jersey twice in the maybe 5 times i've seen him. same guy?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:45 PM

why are you guys beating on rocco? I have never seen him angle shoot, he is a pleasure to talk to while I sit there and fold all day long like all the nits since there is ZERO. READ ZERO. [censored] ACTION AT BORGATA. Get rocco to your left, it becomes the new nl game where you get the button twice a round. he [censored] runs the floor too, I've been there and not had a poker rate room at borg., he found a way to hook me up with the right floor guy.

if you want to talk about angle shooting, you should talk about that [censored] sean. he was playing 5/10 last year, and went from 5/10 to 50/100 in like a month, it was [censored] sick, they were all talking about how sick he ran. Anyway, i forget action, but river goes down how ever, all the money goes in, sean has nothing, trying to bluff some old nit off AA or something, the guy ssays something under his breath that the table can't hear, so sean says, oh did you say call? well i have a straight. the guy flips saying he didnt say call and he was thinking, and sean starts arguing about how he said call, but not in an active kinda way, the guy instamucks his hand and sean [censored] has this [censored] eating grin on his face and very casually shows his buddy nothing but no one else at the table, and instamucks as well, obv. it's borgata so the dealer misses all of us this, pretty big pot for 5/10 too. a [censored] dbag i tell you.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in my limited experiences there the borgata regulars are generally uncreative, boring, nits. rocco is a huge nit who misses value bets like its his job. that big guy with the red hair they call red is a solid/standard player from what i can see. i have more respect for a lot of the crazy commerce players because a) they are more fun to play with and b) they have fun and are more creative.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by uncreative?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:03 PM

play only their hands, miss value all over the place, hardly ever bluff, fold fold fold fold. rinse. fold fold fold fold fold.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 PM

based on my limited experience with some of the players the two that stick out in my mind are troy and phillies hat mike. I think troy is probably the best player in the game but I haven't played with everybody enough give a very informed opinion. I agree with this:

[ QUOTE ]
I vote that Troy is the best player at the 10-25 table. He has amazing reads. He is constantly a winner at the table no matter his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]