Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Statement that pissed me off

serious question. what are your thoughts on heroin meth and cocaine?

I have met so many people that drink and smoke themselves stupid every night but you lay out some lines and theres no way to get them off their high horse.

everything in life is about moderation and your own personal limits.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so I just asked her how many people have ODed from smoking weed, and how many people die from alcohol poisoning, which is pretty much my standard response to any hypocrits of this type.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really stupid argument but I remember that I was dumb when I was 18 also so I will cut you slack.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:34 AM

Some girls are stupid.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I was at a get together with some friends and some people who are friends of friends I hadn't known to well. Probably 12 people their drinking, my friend luckboxing on party poker (won $45o out of a $50 deposit) and a few people watching, a couple people playing xbox 360, moslty just talking about what we should do that night. Everyone here is between 16-18, mostly 18.

I mention to a buddy of mine that we should get an 1/8 of kb, and some chick that dated a friend of friend (currently with a beer in her hand for maximum irony and stupidity) that she thinks it's real stupid to smoke weed and that she has never and never will do any drug in her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for high school?

[ QUOTE ]
I had my beer goggles on she looked pretty good (sh'se not to good looking with the exception of a big rack and shes not wearing a bra, she also had some decent cleavage going + a few beers in my system) and I was in a good mood at the time,

[/ QUOTE ]

I see why you care about her opinion. Within a week you will have convinced her to try it. Afterwards, you can have crazy fun sex.

[ QUOTE ]
so I just asked her how many people have ODed from smoking weed, and how many people die from alcohol poisoning, which is pretty much my standard response to any hypocrits of this type. She pretty much just shrugged about it and changed the topic rb/c she realized she didn't have any clue what she was talking about. At the time I really didn't care and we moved past it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you blew it.

[ QUOTE ]
That was last night, and today thinking about her percieved superiority really annoyed me. It didn't really have much to do about her knocking weed, I don't care, I'm no pothead I just smoke from time to time. It really bothered me though today.

Am I the only one that thinks weed gets way to bad of a reputation? Alcohol is much more addicting then weed (not near as many people going to rehab for smoking weed as there is people going to AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see what's wrong here?

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that this has to do with the illegal factor of marijuana, it's perception as a gateway drug, and the war on drugs, but I just kinda doubted that teenagers and upperclassman in highschool and anyone in college would actually give a damn about any of those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I realize I'm not really asking anything, so I guess all ask a few general questions- Why is marijuana illegal at any age, and drinking legal for 21+ (your thoughts on why, I know it's not really black and white)

[/ QUOTE ]

Marijuana being illegal has nothing to do with alcohol. Many arguments for legalizing drugs by comparing their effects to alcohol and tobacco are logically flawed. For example, one might say that there are more people in rehab for alcohol than marijuana. I would imagine that has something to do with the fact that more people drink alcohol than those who use marijuana. You can't compare the widespread societal effects of an illegal drug to that of a legal drug.

I agree that it is hypocritical to legalize certain drugs. I think all drugs should be legalized. I see no logical way to pick which drugs should be legal and which should be illegal. Why stop at marijuana? Shouldn't cocaine be legal?

[ QUOTE ]
Why does the government and non-governmental groups spend so much time, energy, and money slamming marijuanna, as opposed to alcohol (I realize there are also groups against alcohol, however they are in much smaller numbers)? Or am I missing something about weed that is really really evil that alcohol doesn't have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are plenty of groups gov and non-gov slamming all drugs including alcohol and tobacco. They are usually slamming the abuse of alcohol.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think part of my anger today towards that statement comes from that fact that her little declaration about marijuanna was filled with moral superiority and percieved knowledge of the issue at hand, when she really had niether.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could care less about someone acting morally superior as it is generally out of ignorance. Your arguments for your stance are weak and some are logically false. Should you be hated?

It's her opinion. You should learn not to hate people for opinions such as hers.

[ QUOTE ]
This was something she continued to display later on in the night, acting as if she was better then others and what not I'm sure you know the type. Or maybe I'm just mad I didn't [censored] her, but I doubt it, I don't end up really annoyed at people b/c I havn't [censored] them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're just mad you didn't [censored] her.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Whoever said the people I am talking about in that post are my friends? Most of those were intended to be taken as somewhat of a joke. I could care less if people smoke weed; I would legalize it if I could. I just don't want it around me due to the smell, which is just a preference and ultimately no big deal.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:08 PM

good post tshort, but a few thoughts-

I know i didn't include this in the OP but when I said that she used to go out with a friend of a friend I didn't mention he went out with her for half a year or so without having sex. That may be part of the FoF's lack of game, im not sure, but at the moment I wasn't spending much of time with her.

I'm not sure about the data, but I'd venture a guess that a larger percentage of people that drink have drinking problems then potheads do wth smoking. As I said I am no pothead, I smoke maybe once or twice a month and when I want some I have to rely on friends to get it from there hook ups because I have none.

I drink much more then I smoke, some might think I'm knocking alcohol in this thread but If I had to do only one the rest of my life (even if both were legal) the clear answer for me would be alcohol. Am I a heavy drinker? No, just prefer it to weed. My comments are about the hypocricy of someone haivng one intoxicating substance and being extremely against another that's definitely not A LOT worse (I would say it's not worse at all, but I don't know everything).

I'm not sure what you mean wth the standard for highschool comment. It's not standard but not unheard of for us to meet over at someones house before going somewhere, also man of y freinds like poker (none of them really make any profit) and it's definely not out of the ordinary to have someone playing online with moeny he can afford to lose.

I'm also not sure what you mean by the yup you blew it comment. If she regularly drinks and didn't have sex with someone she went out with for 6 months then what chance did I have to [censored] her the first night I knew her?

I realize there are groups against alcohol too. They just seem to be in smaller numbers,i could be wrong though.

I definitely don't hate the chick, just annoys me when people assume they know everything about something when they obviously don't, and try to flaunt it even to people they just met.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reasons why I dislike weed/prefer alcohol:

1. I hate the smell of weed.
2. That retarded half grin/eyes glazed over look high people get. People can disguise drunk if they have to; everyone I've seen who smokes gets this face and I want to slap them.
3. High people eat all the [censored] snack food.
4. Drunk people can at least be entertaining. Weed might be social when you are actually doing the smoking, but once you are high most people I know (and in my experience the few times I've smoked) prefer to just sit around and talk about "how cool everything looks" before they pass out in their pile of smashed pringles in the corner of a room. High people are not fun to be around.
5. The stories after a night of smoking are nowhere near as good as the stories after a night of drinking.
6. Hooking up with girls with zero effort is easy if they are drunk. I doubt this is as easy if they are high since all they can think about is food.
7. The penalties for getting caught with weed suck compared to the legality of drinking.
8. It smells bad.
9. The potheads who actually think it is harmless. The stupidity here astounds me. They actually think inhaling smoke and regularly altering their state of mind will do them no damage.
10. It smells bad.
11. It will get into the ventilation system of your dorms causing the whole floor to smell terribly even if you do it in your own room.
12. I actually know the concentration of the stuff I am drinking.
13. It smells bad.

Cliffs Notes: It smells bad and high people act retarded in a non-entertaining way that is really irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get back to all of these comments later some of them are true, but all of the pot smokers out there will tell you that this kid has never been high. ever.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:42 PM

maybe you can't OD on weed, but you can definitely smoke way too much and that's not fun at all. it took me a little while to figure this one out
Old 08-13-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Marijuana being illegal has nothing to do with alcohol. Many arguments for legalizing drugs by comparing their effects to alcohol and tobacco are logically flawed. For example, one might say that there are more people in rehab for alcohol than marijuana. I would imagine that has something to do with the fact that more people drink alcohol than those who use marijuana. You can't compare the widespread societal effects of an illegal drug to that of a legal drug.

[/ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with how many people are in rehab. I don't think anyone who has used both alcohol and marijuana can argue that alcohol is not a much more physically and mentally altering drug.

There was a thread a while ago which asked who would you rather want driving, someone drunk or someone high. The answer was almost unanimously for a stoned guy.

Which is more harmful is more debatable, but from everything I've read, it seems that alcohol is worse. This is just the icing on the cake.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:40 PM

Almost every time I open a thread here, I am convinced that it is the stupidest thread ever. But every thread can't be the stupidest one ever... it's an eternal conundrum.

OP: you suck. A girl didn't want to smoke pot and that pissed you off.