Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Stop Hating!

[ QUOTE ]
The poker world is at my feet. The peons don't bother me. Kneel before Zod.

[/ QUOTE ]

The title rules.

JamieGold
Not Jamie Gold.

priceless.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:59 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

Thank you. The level of irrational hate I've seen the past two days makes my head hurt. I'm all for open debate, but most of this hate was based upon nothing more than some nebulous internet reporting.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Ahhhhhh, the internet and it's police [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 PM

I think some people just needed to get that stuff out of their system.

I still don't like him. But there's no need to start endlessly posting about it.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will absolutely buy the online PPV next year due to the free access this year. Pretty smart marketing if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 PM

I was really impressed at how entertaining and interesting the PPV coverage was.

Phil and Oli did a terrific job of announcing I thought.
Kept it light-hearted at some points and got a little goofy after so many hours on the air...but overall I think the content was much better than what we get on many other poker broadcasts.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:29 PM

It definitely was better than expected, also a nice touch to have some of the old WSOPs airing during the breaks. Would have liked to have seen Hellmuth win/Chan v Seidel instead of the umpteenth airing of the 2003-2005 FT's. The RPS was a nice way to transition the guest commentators out and move along. As the night went on, any chemistry between Nejad and Gordon seemed to have broken down. Maybe if there's a 2nd announcing duo that could switch between levels they'd be fresher as the night went on.

What I'd like to see them do is PPV of a couple of the WSOPC ME final tables. You'd figure the chance of bigger named pros to be greater.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:37 PM

For my taste the guy isn't likeable, of course I've only known of his existence in the past five days. He’s an agent and knows the importance of image and how it will affect his future income potential. So unless he is completjy oblivious of his image he will come off as a real sweet heart until his reign as WSOP champ is up.

His only problems in the next year will be trying to make a Final Table at another major Tournament and how ESPN will edit him for this years ME broadcast.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jurollo,

As I wrote in the other thread, Jamie played the best at the final table and had he been Daniel N. or some other pro with a fan club, people would be gushing over his play and his table talk, saying how awesomely he manipulated everyone. Of course he got very lucky, but so rdid everyone who made it late into that tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

A corrolary of this point is one that I was drilling into my buddies I was watching the coverage with about all the hanging people were doing off of AC's nuts, and the incessant yapping on the forums about how much better he was than the rest of the table.

If you followed the coverage when it got down to the final 5 hand-for-hand but the players were only identified by Players, A,B,C,D, and E, and you were told that 1 player was an elite professional, while the other 4 were average-at-best internet qualifiers, I promise you people would not have been able to ID which was the pro and which were the donks (with the exception of ruling out Witasik and his repeated button limping.) I also guarantee you more people would have ID'd Gold as the pro for the way he ran over the table than AC...buddies argued tooth and nail that I was wrong, but I called them all retards, and shotgunned a beer, which was satisfying.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:20 AM

I haven't read the threads but I liked the guy personally. And the people saying he won't be good for poker are crazy. Anyone causing this kind of love/hate reaction will be GREAT for poker. Do you think Hellmuth is bad for poker?