Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Re: BOT at Party $20/$40 6-max – Party Doesn’t Seem to Mind (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
I just had the most amazing feeling.

Normally when I read these threads I get pissed off and it puts me in a bad mood.

Today I read this thread and a feeling of warmth spread all over me, and I laughed the laugh of a small child, full of glee.

What caused this change? I realized I dont play at party poker anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

heh..totally agreed...I have cashed out of party and went to bonuswhoring through sites until I find a good'un [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Awesome feeling, TY Monster!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:22 PM

My favorite part of the form letter is that "horrible beats... [are] what makes online poker more exciting than live poker."
Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Isnt this standard for Party?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part of the form letter is that "horrible beats... [are] what makes online poker more exciting than live poker."

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that the first time, having been too busy trying wrap my poor little brain around this idea that you might bet money just to intimidate people--what was that word they used, "bluff"? It really sounds more like cheating to me, but I guess I'll have to take their word for it.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After having posted and played several orbits it was clear that this player was continuing to attempt to utilize the “skip SB” flaw in the Party software. Hilariously, it turns out the “skip SB” flaw doesn’t apparently work on 6-max tables, and the end result was that the player ended up posting his BB, playing one hand, sitting out, and refusing to post in the CO, so that he didn’t play another hand until the BB got back around to him at which point he posted again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with another player that did this about a month ago, it was not the player stated in your post. I reported the specific hand histories to party as well, and they sent me the exact email that you first received.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly - that was my favorite part, too. Gold!

It narrowly won out over:

[ QUOTE ]
If you were to chat with them, you would be surprised to see how the world converges onto your computer, in your own home, through our tables. And xxxxxxxxxx, I am sure that you would find this surprise to be a pleasant one.

[/ QUOTE ]

(note the use of my first name for a more "friendly" tone, represented by the "xxxxxxxxxx")
Old 08-08-2006, 06:10 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
alerts@partyaccount.com wrote:
<font color="#FFFFFF">.</font>
Dear xxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting us.
We have received your complaint and have researched into the account *ciriprovo*. We have also examined the hand histories in order to verify your concern.
xxxxxxxxxx, we do understand your frustration about players who 'bluff' and bet or raise, to project a false scenario to other players, even though they do not have the best cards dealt to them. They only do this in an effort to intimidate the other players at the table to fold.
Furthermore, the anonymity of online poker players allows them to be more daring (and sometimes even play bad), as they don't have to sit in front of their peers and colleagues and justify calling bets with really bad cards. I can assure you that in the long run; the good players make the money.
xxxxxxxxxx, let me also assure you that the players you see at the table are all real players and it is not against the house that you find yourself playing. The easiest way you can convince yourself of this, would be to chat with the other players at the table. We have players from all over the world who access our tables and share the excitement. You would also be able to see their cities displayed. If you were to chat with them, you would be surprised to see how the world converges onto your computer, in your own home, through our tables. And xxxxxxxxxx, I am sure that you would find this surprise to be a pleasant one.
The bottom line is that at PartyPoker.com we do not use any form of robots or computer programmed players. All of the players you are playing against are real players. Sometimes you have to go through spells of what seem like horrible beats, but it is just part of the game, and what makes online poker more exciting than live poker.
The site uses the most sophisticated and state-of-the-art technology to run the games. Our teams constantly monitor the game play in an effort to identify and prevent possibilities of collusion.
Our continual commitment to the integrity of the site helps us to create and maintain fair, secure and a spirit filled environment where players enjoy an exciting gaming experience!
This is what we want for our players, fun you can bet on!
Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxxxxxx
Investigations Team
alerts@partyaccount.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This just cracks me up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
What a wonderful letter lol
Old 08-09-2006, 02:31 PM

are you sure it is not just some guy with an extremely bad interent connection??
Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 PM

Have you seen this player since??? Is it possible that the stupity of Party's responce is not wanting to admit that a bot was playing???? This is very bad PR for all poker sites...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: BOT at Party $20/$40 6-max &#8211; Party Doesn&#8217;t Seem to Mind (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have to go through spells of what seem like horrible beats, but it is just part of the game, and what makes online poker more exciting than live poker.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL LOL LOL LOL^LOL I'm laughing my ass off here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].