Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Stack record? ($200 max buy-in)

Typed out like 3 hands, then my laptop crashed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Gonna try again after Iīve eaten..
Old 08-05-2006, 12:22 AM

"Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over. Playing all night, no-limit hold'em at the Taj. Where the sand turns to gold."
Old 08-05-2006, 12:32 AM

That is all sorts of awesome.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:39 AM

That is crazy.. congrats
Old 08-05-2006, 12:48 AM

im pretty sure this happens all the time......i saw two stacks like this the last two wks (rio/ballagio).......but it was at 2/5...........one guy at the rio at 5/6gs, but he was there for at least 24hrs (a dealer confirmed this for me).....
Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 AM

oh yea.....congrats!!
Old 08-05-2006, 01:57 AM

Default some hands

Ran my stack up to 700 or so while waiting for my friends to get seats in the game. Bluffed alot and showed most of them while waiting for them. My image was good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The hands arenīt going to be very detailed as I was fairly drunk and dont remember everything.

One of the first big hands were where someone straddle, tightish passivish, but too good player makes it 10, one of the danes makes it 20, some calls, I make it 500 straight with 99, tight guy to my left folds, some calls. Think we are 4-5 allin, with pete having like 50 behind and betting it on either the flop or turn.

Flop T7x, J.
One guy mucks his 43o, 2 people are showing a T. I yell for an 8 on the river and get there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] One of them actually had T8s.. Scooop!

Later, someone straddle, someone makes it 20, asian decent player with a big stack makes it 100, someone call, I call 97s, Joe Tall push for like 50 more, all call.
Flop 986r, Asian kid bets 250, huge stack folds, I go allin. Think itīs like 700 more to him. He thinks for a couple of mins and ends up calling with JJ. Turn T, river x.
One of the guys who are allin shows his Kings and says Atleast I got my money in good..
Scooop!
Sitting with above 7K at this point.

Call the straddle blind a couple of hands later, some more callers.

Flop T98 twotone, I have J7, bingo!, someone bets, I make it 200 as I thought it was pete who bet, turns out if was someone else though, shrug..
Tightish asian man push for 4xx, Iīm smiling inside while I call. He turns up QJ, dammit!.

Won a big pot earlier from him with Jc5c allin on a J7c3c board vs his 73s.

Dont remember that many hands from the session..

My favorite was when pete straddled, I made it 6 blind and like the whole table called to Pete, the dealer then makes the flop which is QQ8. Pete still hasnīt looked at his cards and ask if he shouldnīt get an option to raise preflop ?
We end up getting the floor over and shuffle the flop in so Pete can get his option. Old asian man angrily flips over Q6s and starts whining a bit. Everyone else is laughing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete calls the 2$ and we take a new flop. It comes Q7x, everyone checks to the asian man who pushes allin, folded to Joe Tall who flips over A7, think a bit and calls since it would be awesome to badbeat that guy after all the crap that has happened in this hand. He miss though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Won a huge pot with 75 on a 654 board when I make it 500 after a bet and a call from a 1-2K stack, folded to the better who push for 50 more or so, big stack folds 76 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Better shows 83s, but miss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete or Joe might remember more hands.

Think the session lasted 12-14 hours or so with high point beeing +35 buyins or so.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: some hands

awesome.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: some hands

Another awesome hand:
I bet he flop with QJ on a J98 2 diamond board, asian man calls. Turn A, I bet again, he calls. I think he has a worse J or a flushdraw.
River 3, I valuebet as he probably wont bet either if I check. He folds Jd3d face up, girl to his right asks if he didnīt notice that he hit 2-pair, he says that he has missed so many flushdraws lately that he didnīt even notice that he hit his kicker. I run good.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:26 AM

hahaha did that thing ever fall over into someone elses stack or into the pot?